Turbo Post information/questions about Turbo here!

Turbo Civic Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002Civc is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Turbo Civic Problems

Of course I wanted to cheap things out because I am just like that. But now im running into a simple issue. While installing my turbo i noticed the clutch slave cylinder is in the way of the intake of the turbo. So when installing I took it off. Is there any way i could position the slave cylinder differently if i bought another rubber boot. or does it have to be positioned in another way. or could i buy a smaller slave cylinder? i also can't find the turbo forums if there is any so sorry about that.
Old 11-18-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turbo Civic Problems

7thgen > engine performance modifications > forced induction

I'll go ahead and move it over for you
Old 11-18-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

No, you need to move the turbo
Old 11-18-2019
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Buuuutttt.. cheap and turbo.. eh... Not a good mix. Frugal and turbo, sure, but making sure you have quality components.

Truth of the matter is it sounds like the runners of the turbo mani were fabbed up to make the turbo site far too close to the block.
Old 11-19-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Can you clock the turbo so it works?
Old 11-19-2019
Administrator
Administrator

clocking the snail will only help with the outlet, not the inlet, if anything. I remember my D17A2 turbo setup and the inlet was reaaaaaaallly close to the slave cylinder boot. It was really frustrating getting the inlet pipe on the snail's intake.