Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blake Kelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Hondata

Hey can I flashpro my 2005 honda civic vp with its stock ecu it have the d17a1 with auto trans have never tuned in my life. What's needed and how do you do it? Would it ruin my engine and cause problems down the road? It's my daily driver just want more power.
Old 07-15-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hondata

No point on a stock engine. Maybe with a new camshaft and bolt ons but you have the none VTEC head so you would be better off swapping the head first.
Old 07-15-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
No point on a stock engine. Maybe with a new camshaft and bolt ons but you have the none VTEC head so you would be better off swapping the head first.
I was thinking about swapping to the d17a2 the whole engine but I dont know if it would fit my trans. I was also told to get it breathing and bigger injectors
Old 07-15-2019
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blake Kelly
I was also told to get it breathing and bigger injectors
On a none economy box engine sure, D17 no! Best bang for the buck mod to get a good HP bump is a camshaft swap. Nothing else is needed just a stage 1 cam.
Old 07-15-2019
Registered!!

Oh okay just a cam shaft swap a vtec head injectors and cold air intake
Old 07-15-2019
Registered!!

Theres alot of different cam shafts. I'm a learning mechanic I'm in school kinda know what I'm looking at but very little hands on experience
Old 07-15-2019
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by Blake Kelly
Oh okay just a cam shaft swap a vtec head injectors and cold air intake
Don't need injectors.

VTEC head swap
Stage 1 cam (you will need to find a used one or send Crower the one out of your car so they can regrind it as no one makes a camshaft for the car anymore)
Swap over to Ex headers and hi-flow cat
Intake won't hurt
Old 07-15-2019
Registered!!

Thank you. I've already ordered a intake to take the stock one off so it can breathe I gotta find a vtec head off the same or a year later ex I'm probably gonna send my cam in to them so they can do what they need to do then gotta find some headers. Might put a cat back exhaust on it
Old 07-19-2019
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
piano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of light

Blake,

I have a stage 1 cam available for sale.
PM if your interested.