Interior Post about Interior parts, seats, consoles, etc

Water Leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondalove42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Water Leak

I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX. She runs well, even at her advanced age with 168k miles. Recently I’ve had an issue. After rain, the driver side floorboard is very wet. I tried a windshield cover on the theory that it could be a leak around the windshield. I’m running out of ideas. The area under the seat is dry and the area near the steering is also dry. The area around the doorways and window are dry.

Last edited by Hondalove42; 12-30-2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 12-30-2018
Registered!!

Re: Water Leak

Old 12-30-2018
Registered!!

mightymouse0325 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hondalove42
I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX. She runs well, even at her advanced age with 168k miles. Recently I’ve had an issue. After rain, the driver side floorboard is very wet. I tried a windshield cover on the theory that it could be a leak around the windshield. I’m running out of ideas. The area under the seat is dry and the area near the steering is also dry. The area around the doorways and window are dry.
Mine has been doing that as well but I have found the source of my issue. On the passenger side there’s a rubber boot that the wiring harness runs through and goes to the engine bay. Mine is cracked and I don’t have the inner fender splash guard anymore as it has been shredded. I don’t know how to fix it yet but some people have said to put RTV around the base of it
Old 03-08-2019
Registered!!

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Ever source that leak?
Old 03-08-2019
Registered!!

Just this week actually. They cleaned the area under the windshield out as it was clogged with debris. Then, due to an accident while doing so they had to replace the windshield. So it was either the debris clogging the drainage or the windshield, either way it’s dry now.
Old 03-08-2019
Registered!!

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Just this week actually. They cleaned the area under the windshield out as it was clogged with debris. Then, due to an accident while doing so they had to replace the windshield. So it was either the debris clogging the drainage or the windshield, either way it’s dry now.
Awesome! I replaced my cowling with brand new, cleaned the gunk out from everywhere since mine was pretty gunked up too. Going to replace the windshield next. Removed the fender and hit every hole/gap with water and no leak. Let it sit in the rain and it leaks right in the corner where the firewall and side panel come together. About to lose my mind! Only thing left I can think of is seal around windshield is leaking. Glad you fixed yours!
Old 01-03-2020
Registered!!

osky1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have this problem on drivers side. I have not investigated the problem yet but I will this weekend. wish me luck.