Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

mysterious windshield leak?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question mysterious windshield leak?

i had what started out to be a small crack vertically on my windshield that grew in size dramatically so i took my vehicle to a well nown glass facility got it changed and with oh 3 weeks on a rained soak day i noticed it was leaking water right by left top corner took it back and left it with them and they caled 4 hours later saying they had fixed leak picked my vehicle up its been 2 weeks since it was repaired. today i went thru one of those touchless car washes and now its leaking again! this time at the bottom left corner! this facility is a well nown chain im losing my trust on there ability to repair my window
Old 09-22-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: mysterious windshield leak?

Bring it back again
Old 09-22-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: mysterious windshield leak?

Not the chains fault per say as I have had good experiences with my local ones but sounds like that individual shop you are using is crap. Maybe contact another one nearby and explain your situation and see if they will fix it properly.

I briefly worked at a large chain shop that is usually considered crap but the one that I worked at had some great mechanics. Real old school guys that knew their stuff.
A shop is only as good as it techs and the people who manage it.