Safety/Security Items - SRS, Keys, Immobilizer, airbags, ABS Post your safety, security questions here! Airbags, Keys (immobilizer)

SRS Light - Where to begin?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
SRS Light - Where to begin?

My SRS light came on for the first time ever yesterday in my 05.....just wondering what the first steps that should be taken?
Old 09-17-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SRS Light - Where to begin?

Old 09-17-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Read codes man!
Old 09-17-2018
Registered!!

mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

oh....i wasn't aware SRS set different codes
Old 09-17-2018

Originally Posted by mikey1
oh....i wasn't aware SRS set different codes
What do you mean by "different"?

The SRS system has its own complete set of unique fault codes.
Old 09-17-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
What do you mean by "different"?

The SRS system has its own complete set of unique fault codes.
i didn't know it set different codes for different problems within the SRS system,

i thought the SRS light was kind of like your oil light and meant only one thing,

i wil get the codes read,

i disconnected the battery overnight to try to reset it, and the light is still on
Old 09-17-2018

You can read and erase srs codes diy, search for how tos?
Old 09-17-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
You can read and erase srs codes diy, search for how tos?
oh....so they are not read the same way as CEL codes?

im reading ways to reset the light from under the dash at the yellow wire connector?

will disconnecting the battery reset the SRS light?? like it will the CEL??

Last edited by mikey1; 09-17-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,294 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

You should try searching. There is a sticky in the same section of the forum you posted this.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...srs-codes.html
Old 09-17-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

DIY: SRS Codes and reading them

DIY: Reset SRS Airbag light (With Video)
Old 09-17-2018

Originally Posted by mikey1
oh....so they are not read the same way as CEL codes?
Only if you have a scanner that can read SRS codes.
Otherwise, follow the links everyone else posted.
will disconnecting the battery reset the SRS light?? like it will the CEL??
Not normally, but in some cases the light may go out on its own after a fault is corrected. Codes may be stored in memory even after the warning light is off.

Old 09-20-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alfie17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check to see if your car has a recall. My SRS light came on last year in my 05 civic and it was a recall with some sensor in the seat belt.