Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Frame Damage on car??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2021
Registered!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Millsy088 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Frame Damage on car??????

Hi there, so I was just having a look under my car (as you do) and I happened to notice what appears to be some kind of frame rail damage on the left side??? (passenger side cause Australia). Here are some photos comparing to the right side, it looks worse IRL than it does in the photos.
I am going to be extremely upset if this is major as I payed $200AUD to have it pre purchase inspected by a local mechanic that services my Dad's car. let me know if the images aren't showing correctly, thanks.

damage on the left side, the hole to our right of the 2 bolts is damaged and pulled outwards, compare to the undamaged side.

(right side) The area surrounding the hole is not bent and the hole its self is not pulled outwards.

(left side) this is the damage down at the end of the "rail" this is about half way down the side of the car

(right side)this is the undamaged rear part of the "rail" located half way down the side of the car

Last edited by Millsy088; 09-19-2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: easier to read now
Old 09-19-2021
Click Here

Received 1,155 Likes on 902 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Frame Damage on car??????

It looks solid i.e no rust or other corrosion. I personally wouldn't worry about it

My guess would be that someone used it as a jacking point or something similar.
The following users liked this post:
Millsy088 (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Chezboat24
It looks solid i.e no rust or other corrosion. I personally wouldn't worry about it

My guess would be that someone used it as a jacking point or something similar.
ahhh that's good to hear, I assumed the same, do you think this would be okay/ pass inspection for a track day in the future?
Old 09-19-2021
Click Here

Received 1,155 Likes on 902 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Millsy088
ahhh that's good to hear, I assumed the same, do you think this would be okay/ pass inspection for a track day in the future?
I'm not sure. I have no experience with track inspections, though I know they're rigorous. If I were to guess, I would say yes.
Millsy088 (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,202 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

people use the weirdest places to jack the car, simple as that.
Millsy088 (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
people use the weirdest places to jack the car, simple as that.
Hahaha, seriously though how hard is it to just google the right jack point or check the owners manual or something!
Old 09-20-2021
Super Moderator

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,311 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millsy088
Not sure what kind of track days you're talking about but if it's the same kind I go to you do the tech inspections yourself. So yes, it would pass.
Millsy088 (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
Not sure what kind of track days you're talking about but if it's the same kind I go to you do the tech inspections yourself. So yes, it would pass.
right right, I'm not too sure but down here in Aus I don't think there are self inspection track days, and we got some reeaaaally annoying and stupid rules, like no harnesses or steering wheels without airbags and tons of other restrictions.
Old 09-20-2021
Super Moderator

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,311 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Didn't even notice you were from Australia. Still agree with the others, it's nothing serious.
Millsy088 (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
Didn't even notice you were from Australia. Still agree with the others, it's nothing serious.
Yeah it seems like everyone agrees its alright so thank god haha