Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Suspension component replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really nice
Question Suspension component replacement question

Hello! I'm replacing my 01 civic lx coupe's LCA, Lower Ball Joint, Sway Bar End Link, and CV axle on both sides (I know, cv axle is part of the drive train, but my question is the same)

Will it be okay for me to remove everything and put the new stuff in at the same time, or do I need to uninstall --> reinstall everything piece by piece?

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Suspension component replacement question

is this even a serious question?

yes, you can replace all at one time

alignment on order after work done...
Old 09-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really nice

Yep, serious question. Yep, alignment will be done afterwards.

I'd rather ask and sound stupid than not ask and mess up the only car I own and be screwed over. I don't know if things hold tension on other things that will be messed up if I relieve all the tension. Thanks for confirming that I sound stupid and still answering the question.
Old 09-28-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,848 Likes on 1,300 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

September 28 is "Ask a stupid question day". Ask a Stupid Question Day is used to encourage you to overcome your fear of sounding uneducated, and opening yourself to learning by asking your stupidest questions.

So there you go, as long as you have learned something it is not a stupid question.
Old 09-28-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

the only reasons i can think of to do one part at a time are:
1) You trying to diagnose a problem
2) You want to upgrade your suspension and wants to find out how much each part will contribute
other than that, no reasons any suspension parts need to be done one at a time (this applies to all cars that i am aware of, there might be one, don't know, but would be rare)

PS: some would throw a rod just because of the way i answered, so thanks for replying in an elegant manner and noticing i actually answered the question