Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Can I change clutch fork without removing transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cdubois1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can I change clutch fork without removing transmission

So as I was leaving work on Friday my clutch pedal got extremely hard and wouldn't disengage my clutch. As I was checking everything out I found that my clutch fork pivot ball has made its way through the fork. I was able to get the fork pried back off of the pivot ball, but with the hole now in the fork it will obviously not work anymore the way it is. I removed the spring that holds the fork to the pivot ball and the fork is nice and loose now but I can't seem to dislodge it from the throw out bearing. Is it possible to remove this clutch fork without pulling the transmission? If so, how?
Old 04-12-2021
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Can I change clutch fork without removing transmission

The clutch fork will slide out of the throwout bearing but it's not able to clear the pivot ball and the clutch case. Unfortunately, you will need to at least partially separate the transmission from the engine.

At least that was my experience the one time I tried to pull it out without removing the transmission.
Old 04-12-2021
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Can I change clutch fork without removing transmission

Gotta pull the trans