Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

The Honda Slave Cylinder Bleeding mystery!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2020
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Perfectionist is an unknown quantity at this point
Question The Honda Slave Cylinder Bleeding mystery!

Honda Civic 2004 DX, I just finished changing out the ISB in the transmission, threw the trans back into place, buttoned nearly everything up and now I'm stuck. I attached the slave cylinder back on, have been pumping the clutch about 300 times in this order:

5 pump increments, leaving it on the floor, releasing air valve, then tightening air valve, then pumping it again, repeat.

Air comes out of the air valve, and then brake fluid starts to squirt out more heavily per 5 increment pump but there is zero difference in the pressure of the clutch. I don't see any leaks or damage on the hydraulic line, it worked great before I removed the transmission when i was driving it around. I cleaned the slave cylinder with brake cleaner and all the components look fine but there is zero difference in my clutch.

I push it down 1 inch, it pops to the floor. I pull it up 1 inch, it pops back up in place. As if I did absolutely nothing. Can anyone explain what is happening?! Thanks guys