Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Sticky shifting

Old 06-23-2019
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tracecross30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sticky shifting

So I changed all the bearings on my main and secondary shaft ,while taking off the bearings, some of the gears fell off so I had to put them back together,they put back together in the same order but now I'm getting a sticky shift when I'm trying go into 1rst and 2nd ,mostly second. It was very windy when I was working on outside and stuff was blowing everywhere so o dont know if its the debris causing sticky changing. The synchros are fine but I dont know.any ideas?
Old 06-24-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Sticky shifting

Did you shift it through all the gears multiple times before you put it back in the car?
Old 06-24-2019
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tracecross30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sticky shifting

Yes I did all that and it was going through them just fine and smooth as well. When I sink the clutch all the way to the floor it still giving me that sticky feeling.. my clucth is high so I have no doubt that the clutch is the cause of that but I could be wrong because I'm not professional in this field. This morning got to work and was trying to park it in gear and when ease my foot off the clutch thinking that it's well parked in gear,I feel it running back and I hear like the are grinding while it going backwards. It dont happen all the time though. And when I'm driving and changing from 1st to 2nd I hear a little grinding. All this never happened before I opened the gear box. I opened it because some bearing was bad and making noise so I opened it to fix it. The noise is gone but this happening now.

Last edited by Tracecross30; 06-24-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Give more information