Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

Left rear deck speaker wiring issue.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2023
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donda Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Left rear deck speaker wiring issue.

I own a 2004 Honda Civic LX Sudan. The left rear deck speaker will not work even after replacing the speaker itself and getting a new wiring harness. Ive tried connecting the right rear deck speaker harness to the left speak and it works fine. Its something to do with the wire but im not sure what im doing wrong. Can someone help me?
Old 05-19-2023
Super Moderator

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,335 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Left rear deck speaker wiring issue.

Or, it's an issue with the radio.

Is this an aftermarket radio? Was the conversion harness done properly or is it janky?
The following 2 users liked this post by BrotatoChip:
Colin42 (05-19-2023), Donda Civic (05-31-2023)
Old 05-19-2023
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,138 Likes on 952 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip

Is this an aftermarket radio? Was the conversion harness done properly or is it janky?
agreed probably at the stereo end
Old 05-19-2023
Registered!!

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
123Krash is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a couple connectors in the wire harness between the radio and the rear deck speakers.. can't help you with an older model I have '08.
Do all your rear lights work trunk, tail, turn, they run through the same wire harness.
Old 05-20-2023
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
TokyoCornflower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Donda Civic
I own a 2004 Honda Civic LX Sudan. The left rear deck speaker will not work even after replacing the speaker itself and getting a new wiring harness. Ive tried connecting the right rear deck speaker harness to the left speak and it works fine. Its something to do with the wire but im not sure what im doing wrong. Can someone help me?
Prior to the left rear speaker going out, had you been doing any modifications/repairs, or been having some fun (or a bad day) and got a little sideways? anything that might have caused some wires to come loose or be damaged? If so I would start there.
If you know how to pull your head unit -not actually very hard, you will want plastic prying tools- you may could check and make sure that at that point you do have audio feed for the left rear, not loose wires in dash area. Also then you can check with a multi-meter if the wires are connected through to the trunk. If not you can then either keep testing until you find the faulty portion or get some speaker wire and fish and rerun the whole thing to that speaker.
Old 05-31-2023
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip

Done pretty janky. I went to pick n pull found my exact car, cut the exact same wiring harness for the left speaker off, then went to my car cut the same wiring harness off and attached the new wiring harness onto my car, i did this by wrapping around the wires together in a spiral and then wrapped electrical tape around it. i might have just caused more problems but idk
Old 05-31-2023
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 123Krash
There are a couple connectors in the wire harness between the radio and the rear deck speakers.. can't help you with an older model I have '08.
Do all your rear lights work trunk, tail, turn, they run through the same wire harness.
all lights work perfect, its the little portion of wire that splits off from the bundle of wires and just connects to the left speaker that is the problem.