I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Front Speaker Next Step

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basttrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Speaker Next Step

Hey all, need some advice.

A few months ago I noticed that my front left speaker wasn't working. So I recently swapped out the right working speaker to make sure it was the speaker that was blown. The good speaker doesn't work either so it's not a blow speaker but maybe something in the wiring?

Where would you go next as far as troubleshooting? I'm brand new to car audio but willing to do some work to figure this thing out (and not spend too much considering it's a 1998 civic).

Honda Civic 1998
Speakers are Pioneers (original)
Deck is a Panasonic CQ-DP101U

Can't wait to hear from you guys!

Basttrax
Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Front Speaker Next Step

I would pull the deck and wire the speaker directly to the left output to see if it's the deck or wiring. If it's the wiring, running new wiring is a pain but do-able.
If it's the deck, well you know the answer.
Old 03-01-2012
Registered!!

Basttrax is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Downloaded the manual for the deck that's installed. The removal of it doesn't work at all :S So i'm trapped at that. I'm starting to see why people pay other people to do this.
Old 03-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, the Panasonics are a pain to remove. Just insert a small screwdriver int eh upper left corner like in the diagram and move it up and down while trying to pull that side out a little. Once it moves, it is unlocked.
Then do the lower left corner. It is the harder side. Pay attention to what you did to unlock each side as the other side may lock as you work the opposite side. Once both are unlocked and out a bit, then you can grab both sides and pull. If it comes out a little then stops, it's possible that they used the security strap in the rear and that requires reaching behind with a small wrench to remove the holding nut.
Old 07-14-2012
nub

sameer71992 is an unknown quantity at this point

more often than not, it's gunna be your head unit. Unless the wire got cut somehow or lost conductivity.