Air Conditioning Post your questions about air conditioning here!

AC Condensation Drain Line

Old 08-05-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fijiblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point
AC Condensation Drain Line

I have a 2016 Civic EX sedan.

This week I noticed water on the passenger side rear floorboard.
I used a towel to absorb it. I wasn't sure what could have caused it.

The next day it was heavily raining. (It's monsoon season and very humid.) There was a lot more water on both the front and rear floorboards. I used some more towels to absorb it and scheduled an appointment.

The next day (no rain) Honda went through a list of checks including a pressurized check of all the window/door seals and couldn't find anything. When I went home again, it was really wet again. I purchased a wet/dry vacuum and cleaned it up. I documented the amount of water in the vacuum.

The next day (no rain) there was more water again. So I vacuumed it again. I documented the amount of water in the vacuum. I was able to guess that it had something to do with the AC condensation. So I did a test drive, blasted the AC, then when I returned home there was more water. I vacuumed it again.

I scheduled an appointment the next morning with the new knowledge. They found a kink in the AC condensation line and they replaced the line.

I am posting this in case you have the same issue, you can have them check it also and hopefully save some time.
Old 08-05-2016
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: AC Condensation Drain Line

Congrats on the new ride, and good to here you got problem resolved.
Old 08-05-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AC Condensation Drain Line

I bet there's still water underneath the carpet.

I'd try to make them strip the seats out and lift the carpet, put fans in there to dry out the padding under the carpet overnight. I've done this more times than I care to think about.

Or as soon as there's mildew smell, make them replace the entire carpet.

2003? Civic that had a big water leak, seats pulled and carpet lifted up all around (blocks of wood holding carpet up) with a big ol fan blowing under it:

Name:  QYa2c7h.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  152.6 KB