Electrical Post your Electrical issues here!

2018 Electrical Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greatlakes is an unknown quantity at this point
2018 Electrical Problem?

About two weeks ago, when I left work my 2018 Civic's exterior lights and dashboard lights (some warnings lights, speedometer, gas, etc.) were on, after having been parked for 8 hours (and the car and all lights, etc. being off at time of parking). The next day it started fine, but was completely dead after being parked again for another 8 hours, and I had to jump it. I had an unrelated regular service appointment scheduled in a few days, and figured the battery was going bad and had the battery replaced at time of service (had to jump the car again to get it to the dealer).

They replaced the battery, and everything seemed fine for a few days. However, I just had the same issue again leaving work tonight; the exterior and dash lights were mysteriously on, despite me not touching the car for the past 8 hours. The car started fine, but obviously something seems amiss and I fear a larger systemic problem is at hand. Does anyone have any idea what might possibly the issue here?
Old 05-28-2022
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2018 Electrical Problem?

Maybe take it back to the dealer and explain what is happening.