Brakes Post your questions about Brakes problems here!

2017 hands civic rear brake help

Search this Thread

Old 1 Week Ago
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamie8157 is an unknown quantity at this point
2017 hands civic rear brake help

Recently I did rear brakes on my 17 Honda. I am a fairly well rounded mechanic. When I pulled the rear calipers off. I saw the two indents on the piston so I knew I had to turn them as I compressed the piston in the calipers. No problem got out my old brake tool and turned as u compressed them. They went right in. Not too much effort at all. I do both sides like this. Get all done with my brakes. Drive the car a little bit. No issues. That was last Sunday. I am driving to work on Monday morn and the brake light starts flashing with an audible beeping. And right below that is the orange light on saying brake system failure. The brakes still work fine. I pull over and do a quick check. Brakes working ok
Parking Brake still works, fluid level is ok.
I still.havevto get to work so I've driving it with the beeping. After a little research about the emergency brake I thought I could just pull the calipers back off and turn the emergency brake screw all the way in clockwise rotation.
I did that last night. Start the car back up go fir a ride and same thing is still happening???
I need help figuring this out.
sorry for the long post. And the typos...lol
Thank you in advance
Jamie
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Received 1,890 Likes on 1,333 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: 2017 hands civic rear brake help

My understanding was changing rear brake pads required a scanner to calibrate the electric parking brake.
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamie8157 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
My understanding was changing rear brake pads required a scanner to calibrate the electric parking brake.
can I havecthis done at a local auto parts store? Or do I have to take it to a shop?
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Received 1,890 Likes on 1,333 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I do not know if a parts store will have the right scan tool. I sold my '16 Civic without ever having to do the rear brakes.

I was looking at scan tools at Harbor Freight, they have one that says it will do electric parking brakes on Honda's.