Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Brake help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005
Powered by Honda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake help

hey guys i seem or i believe i have a brake problem...before when i first got my car as soon as i taped the brake the car came to a stop, now i noticed that the brakes go lower n lower, my mom even noticed it too. i changed my brake pads recently n my rotors look fine..do i need new brake pads again? hmmm

o0 yea soemtimes i guess mostly in the rain if i step on em hard they pulsate vibrate..can sum1 help a nooby out!
Old 07-06-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
When is the last time you had your brake fluid flushed? blead? if you cant remember, have it done.

For pulsing in the rain... You have an EX right? if so, thats the ABS kicking in, so dont worry about it.
Old 07-06-2005
Powered by Honda

ty..ill do that..so if i do that i should stop better n my brakes wont sink liek they do? thanks man for ur help..
Old 07-06-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Air in the brake lines is the #1 cause of a low squishy brake pedal... and its also the most overlooked mantiance part on the car.
Old 07-06-2005
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
YOU should replace fluid every 2-3 years. And a better fluid would not hurt, I personally use ATE blue.
Old 07-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by y.0. KiLLa
hey guys i seem or i believe i have a brake problem...before when i first got my car as soon as i taped the brake the car came to a stop, now i noticed that the brakes go lower n lower, my mom even noticed it too. i changed my brake pads recently n my rotors look fine..do i need new brake pads again? hmmm

o0 yea soemtimes i guess mostly in the rain if i step on em hard they pulsate vibrate..can sum1 help a nooby out!
If your brake pedal sinks when you apply constant force to the brake pedal, and you have no leaks, your master cylinder needs to be replaced. Guaranteed.
Old 07-07-2005
Registered!!

dariusld is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same problem with my old Accord. I would try to lock up the brakes on purpose and they wouldn't lock, just come to a slow stop. I would bleed the brakes and they would be fine for a little while, but the problem would come back after awhile. So I replaced the master cylinder and the problem was gone. My Accord had 110,000 miles on it though. How many on your car. I'm guessing they just need bleeding and or fluid replacement. Is the fluid milky looking and not clear? How far do you pull up your e-brake handle before it stops? Did you replace the rear brakes too? Does steering wheel vibrate also?

Last edited by dariusld; 07-07-2005 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2005
Powered by Honda

Originally Posted by dariusld
I had the same problem with my old Accord. I would try to lock up the brakes on purpose and they wouldn't lock, just come to a slow stop. I would bleed the brakes and they would be fine for a little while, but the problem would come back after awhile. So I replaced the master cylinder and the problem was gone. My Accord had 110,000 miles on it though. How many on your car. I'm guessing they just need bleeding and or fluid replacement. Is the fluid milky looking and not clear? How far do you pull up your e-brake handle before it stops? Did you replace the rear brakes too? Does steering wheel vibrate also?
u know my steerign wheel does vibrate n has always since i first got the car...my car has 35, 000 miles...how much would this master cylinder cost? well if i stomp on the brakes they stop but it sinks...i should just get a brake kit..how much is like a good brake kit? i think these r fugged up
Old 07-07-2005
Registered!!

dariusld is an unknown quantity at this point
When I say vibrating steering wheel, I mean while braking.
Old 07-07-2005