Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

Rob's Birthday Party/ Tech Day #1

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rob's Birthday Party/ Tech Day #1

Engine hoist has been dissembled and is ready to go!!!

If you want it at your place earlier Andy give me a call on my cell, I left it in that e-mail I sent you for direction earlier.
Old 02-25-2008
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Its cool. No big rush. I plan to get started with some minor stuff Friday night. Prolly pull the axles, remove the im, pull out the alternator, remove the harness. All that will really leave is the exhaust bolts and mount bolts. Shouldn't take us long at all. Justin made a good point, though, I may just pull the exhaust mani and turbo out with the engine so I don't have to hack up that brand new radiator support.
Old 02-25-2008
Registered!!

k20EX is an unknown quantity at this point

For now, my main concern is reliability and tuning conservative enough to protect my engine, then Ill dyno tune it to dial it in more when Im at that point. Regardless, your guys experience with KPro is valuable to me, so count me in......IT GETS HERE TOMORROW!!
Old 02-25-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure we can do it. I ghettotuned edwins car to run on boost and its been fine.
Old 02-26-2008
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

This sounds pretty seriouz....Ill be sittin pretty and watching
Old 02-26-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

can someone bring rock band?

Old 02-26-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
can someone bring rock band?

You got an employee discount... I nominate you
Old 02-26-2008
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough

im like 7 pages too late for the party, but i will be there. nice seeing u this weekend justin.
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

glad youll be making it freddy. what wheels you gonna rock?
Old 02-27-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

I'll probably come up there, then have to leave and come back. The gf's car needs new tires, so I'm gonna run it down to Edwin's house of tires and get that taken care of.
I have nothing to do to either car because I have no parts, so I'll be there in my lawn chair hanging out.

Andy... I assume the BBQ grill has gas in it right? Cuz it would suck to get a bunch of burgers and have none.

I figure burgers and dogs, some chips, buns, ketchup, mustard, soda..... and beer for everyone but George.
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

can i has juice boxes?
Old 02-27-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, its good to go. You can take care of my LCA bushings when you go down there, if you want.
Old 02-27-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by andyman97
Yeah, its good to go. You can take care of my LCA bushings when you go down there, if you want.
Not at edwin's I cant.
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

Justin, maybe you can help me tinker with my new KPro on the K. Ive printed out the whole manual for it, which I will bring since they give some very good advice.
Old 02-27-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

damn, im really late on this thread. too bad i work. the party should be at my shop FTW. Kpro pwns everyone, unless you have really weird temperature compensation problems that dont let your car start when the block is below freezing and the incoming air is warm.. who is up for an after party? getting drunk later? DC? strip club? bar hopping?
Old 02-27-2008
Type-Race

Whoever can fix my EGR valve code gets a beer or six on me! But I can bring either beverages or beer.
Old 02-28-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skipbarber
damn, im really late on this thread. too bad i work. the party should be at my shop FTW. Kpro pwns everyone, unless you have really weird temperature compensation problems that dont let your car start when the block is below freezing and the incoming air is warm.. who is up for an after party? getting drunk later? DC? strip club? bar hopping?
When are you NOT working?!?! You need a normal job
Old 02-28-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor
Whoever can fix my EGR valve code gets a beer or six on me! But I can bring either beverages or beer.
I might have some tricks up my sleeve for that pesky EGR valve code.

Okay so I know I'm bringing the engine hoist but should I bring anything else like chips, sodas, beer
Old 02-28-2008
Registered!!

i think it would be easier if we all just bought cash and then when it gets close to the time to eat, we all go grab some from a giant or safeway or something. that way we get an accurate amount.
Old 02-28-2008
Registered!!

I'm down for whatever.....Andy, I sent you an email with my contact info, but havent received a reply back yet with your address.
Old 02-28-2008
Turbo Guru

Then you sent it to the wrong email address. I only got one from bomer.

So far, we have:

Me
Justin (boilermaker)
Rob (Duh)
Davis (doctor)
George (CuriousG)
Paul (Bomerman19)

Last edited by andyman97; 02-28-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

cool

Hey I gots a question does anybody have a spare set of those blue intake mani gasket rings. I need a set for the new jdm fabtech mani I just got! willing to pay top dollar
Old 02-29-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

dealer doesnt have em?
That would be a rarity laying around....
Just reuse the ones out of the old manifold?
Old 02-29-2008
Turbo Guru

^Yup.
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

I am going to use the ones out of the old mani but gerry was kind enough to throw in one of his super duper heat shield plastic gasket thingies that also require a set of them so I need 8 total and I only have 4

I'm goign to try to hit up a differrent dealer on the way home tonight to see if I can hopefully grab some more
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

finally found some extra one's at another stealership horray!
Old 02-29-2008
Turbo Guru

Add Freddy and Tim (k20ex) to the list. Gonna be a decent little turn out. Shouldn't see any rain, just some wind. High is 47.
Old 02-29-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Wow, lucky you guys- have fun tomorrow. Tell andy his rear seats dont match his fronts!
Old 02-29-2008
Type-Race

wtf I went the whole day thinking it was Thursday....just realized its FRIDAY!! I just E-mailed you Andy.
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

^damm dude you work to hard

Quick Reply: Rob's Birthday Party/ Tech Day #1