General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

*update* 2003 corolla s vs My 2001 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
You are loosing time if you are not shifting at redline. I can't believe you shift at 6500..Redline is the shifting point on our little 4 bangers..period
Old 10-29-2002
Registered!!

aznsmtboy is on a distinguished road
[hr]Originally posted by: Element2k5
[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
You would have won by more if you would have shifted at redline.[hr]
well the redline is actually at 6800 rpm.. so i dont know how much more that woulda helped...

besides the power curve is 6300 thats where the most power is produced...[hr]
Think about it this way. If you shift at 6300 RPM's (peak of power curve) your RPM's in the next gear will be at say 5000 RPM's (below peak) using this method will have you going back up to peak HP, now if you shift at the higher RPM of 6800. It will take less time to get to max HP. It's hard to understand on paper or on the screeen, it has to be done in real-time to be completely understood.

Old 11-01-2002
Registered!!

azn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: vincenzobar
I am glad you have a duaghter and NO i don't think a sportscar goes faster then a sedan. but my coupe looks alot more like what you are trying to do to your sadan, race/sport!!! Although if you think about it, how many doors does a sports car have???? HMMMMM?

As for the 16 comment and immaturity to the other. Shut up. I hate that! oh you are sooooo immature. What ever, do you think I am immature becuase I put a body kit on my car and think it looks better then a sedan being a 2 dr. I let you know in advance so you don't post again. I am 25 with a hobby and a damn good job and 2 degrees. been living on my own since i was 17 (went to college early). But your right I am probably still immature. I will let the other dude defend himself. I just didn't want you to jump the gun on me. Becuase your Jealous that you can't have the COUPE becuase it is impratical for you. I love it when people have a kid and there world is thrown upside down and then they suddenly think they are mature. My girlfriends sister did this. She was fun before the kid. Now she frowns upon most of what we do in jealousy.

Wear a rubber!!!!! and BTW I plan to be playing playstation 5 right along side my kid. Yes I like to rant about dumb @ss comments. Check my other post.[hr]

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]