General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

*update* 2003 corolla s vs My 2001 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beej is an unknown quantity at this point
mbow.................it sounds like you have "coupe" envy.
hey sadans are cool.................................if your about 58 and driving to church on sunday.
oh i hope i didn't make you cry[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: beej
hey sadans are cool.................................if your about 58 and driving to church on sunday.
oh i hope i didn't make you cry[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
LOL...You sound like you are 16 and very immature. Tell me I'm wrong.
Old 10-22-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: jro
[hr]Originally posted by: Boilermaker1
[hr]Compression Ratio 9.9:1 10:1[hr]
That 9.9:1 is the LX/DX... the EX VTEC has 11:1 compression.
Doubt it makes much difference, but just clarifying as not to confuse people.[hr]
the EX doesn't have 11:1 compression...rather it has 9.9:1 read it straight from honda's mouth.

-jro[hr]

Ooops It's the Si (K20A3) with the 11:1. VTEC, but wrong one. My bad.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

LOL...You sound like you are 16 and very immature. Tell me I'm wrong.[hr][/QUOTE]

hey its ok, some people don't like 4drs, its just too hard for some (like yourself) to fit all your chubby little incest breed kids in the back seat..................totally understandable.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Element2k5 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh i hope i didn't make you cry[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
well ill just say that its much easier to get into the back seat of the sedans.....:t up:
Old 10-22-2002
THE WOP

vincenzobar is an unknown quantity at this point
I am glad you have a duaghter and NO i don't think a sportscar goes faster then a sedan. but my coupe looks alot more like what you are trying to do to your sadan, race/sport!!! Although if you think about it, how many doors does a sports car have???? HMMMMM?

As for the 16 comment and immaturity to the other. Shut up. I hate that! oh you are sooooo immature. What ever, do you think I am immature becuase I put a body kit on my car and think it looks better then a sedan being a 2 dr. I let you know in advance so you don't post again. I am 25 with a hobby and a damn good job and 2 degrees. been living on my own since i was 17 (went to college early). But your right I am probably still immature. I will let the other dude defend himself. I just didn't want you to jump the gun on me. Becuase your Jealous that you can't have the COUPE becuase it is impratical for you. I love it when people have a kid and there world is thrown upside down and then they suddenly think they are mature. My girlfriends sister did this. She was fun before the kid. Now she frowns upon most of what we do in jealousy.

Wear a rubber!!!!! and BTW I plan to be playing playstation 5 right along side my kid. Yes I like to rant about dumb @ss comments. Check my other post.

Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

LOL...You sound like you are 16 and very immature. Tell me I'm wrong.[hr]

hey its ok, some people don't like 4drs, its just too hard for some (like yourself) to fit all your chubby little incest breed kids in the back seat..................totally understandable.[hr][/QUOTE]

That comment only adds to the validity of my prior statement.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

hey now dont turn this into a flaming thread... cause it will get locked....
i gotta track him down first....

i got connections but i dont talk to them much...
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: vincenzobar
I am glad you have a duaghter and NO i don't think a sportscar goes faster then a sedan. but my coupe looks alot more like what you are trying to do to your sadan, race/sport!!! Although if you think about it, how many doors does a sports car have???? HMMMMM?

As for the 16 comment and immaturity to the other. Shut up. I hate that! oh you are sooooo immature. What ever, do you think I am immature becuase I put a body kit on my car and think it looks better then a sedan being a 2 dr. I let you know in advance so you don't post again. I am 25 with a hobby and a damn good job and 2 degrees. been living on my own since i was 17 (went to college early). But your right I am probably still immature. I will let the other dude defend himself. I just didn't want you to jump the gun on me. Becuase your Jealous that you can't have the COUPE becuase it is impratical for you. I love it when people have a kid and there world is thrown upside down and then they suddenly think they are mature. My girlfriends sister did this. She was fun before the kid. Now she frowns upon most of what we do in jealousy.

Wear a rubber!!!!! and BTW I plan to be playing playstation 5 right along side my kid. Yes I like to rant about dumb @ss comments. Check my other post.[hr]
You think because you're driving a coupe that it's a sportscar or looks like one? Sorry but get your first out of your @$$ cuz it's not. The coupe and sedan perform the same, same engine, weight is negligent. Playstation 5? Unless i went back in time i believe it's a playstation 2. And MBOW could own a coupe not that he CANT. Use your head instead of jacking it up u're @$$. Because he has a daughter he's considerate about passenger room. But if he wanted to race it without his daughter in it, it would go just as fast as a coupe. Wow, u're really into yourself, oh no, you have a coupe it's gotta be fast. Fvck u're the biggest POS to post something like that.

edit: Oh by the way, i'm sure your kid was a mistake since you obviously wore a RUBBER when fvcking that lil ***** of yours.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

I ask about sedans becuase they look like you should be taking your kids to school and then getting groceries afterwards. NOT RACING. And 15lbs here and there makes a huge difference. They have a rear simularity to Volvo. As for the VTEC thing. My bad I typoed or brainfarted. I knew that, I sware. 4500 4500 4500 4500 4500 4500 4500 4500. There now it is engraved. No more mistakes.

I don't mean to hate on the 4 drs. but did you purposely buy them or were they gifted? Only thing I could think to do to a 4dr 2001 civic would be a IS300 conversion. Well Have fun with them. I wish you all the best in racing and styling.[hr]
for a college student... the sedan is more practical... for beer runs[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
and moving to and from the dorms, for transporting chicks:_b ow:[IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
and all around being less for insurance than 2drs... yes i did pick a sedan because of insurance, as well as the fact that i only paid 14k for my ride...... so BOOOYAAAAA
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

wow noodleboy,
such anger, i think they have classes for that.
check it out fudge stick [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Wear a rubber!!!!! and BTW I plan to be playing playstation 5 right along side my kid. Yes I like to rant about dumb @ss comments. Check my other post.[hr]
First, my posts were never concerned with looks, only correcting your stance on the fact that the coupe is faster because it looks better in your opinion.

The immaturity comment wasn't directed at you. It was directed at beej who has already proved my point.

For someone that has so much education and supposed prestige, you sure do feel the need to justify just how great you are.

As for the child comment and wearing a rubber, I have been married for 7 yrs and my daughter is 2 1/2, you do the math. We are currently trying to have another. So, your comments about children are irrevelent. And no, my life wasn't thrown upside down, it has been filled with joy and I wouldn't change a thing.

I was simply posting to correct ignorance and look what has happened because someone got pissed because they are/were wrong.

Lastly, I am not trying to make my car look like anything. Heck, I wouldn't even have rims if wasn't for the fact that they are significantly lighter than stock. If I wanted a coupe, I would have one.

EDIT: had to change 'desi' to 'beej.' sorry to desi for associating you with beej.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

mbow did ur ride come with white gauges?????
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Man, your immature but you do make me laugh. I'll give y that.

Element2k5:

No, I have the gray/silver looking ones. Why, did yours come with white gauges?

Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

well its just that urs looks like it is white... mine is black *edit* with white numbers *edit* so it kinda blends into the rest of the car.... im not sure i u can see it in my ride info....
Old 10-22-2002
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic 1st and Corolla 2nd
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Yea, I went and looked at your page. I can tell what they look like or at least the background of the gauges. Hmmm...I have no clue..Maybe the the 01 sedans came with the black gauges. I know my gauges are quite the same shade of gray/silver as the coupes....that's weird, I don't know man.
Old 10-22-2002
THE WOP

You think because you're driving a coupe that it's a sportscar or looks like one?
*NO DUMB @SS I said it is capable of looking more like what we gear our cars towards.*

Sorry but get your first
* Do you mean FIST*

out of your @$$ cuz it's not. The coupe and sedan perform the same, same engine, weight is negligent. Playstation 5?
* playstation 5 is a foreshadowing.*

Unless i went back in time i believe it's a playstation 2. And MBOW could own a coupe not that he CANT. Use your head instead of jacking it up u're @$$. Because he has a daughter he's considerate about passenger room.
*only 1 inch difference in room. Who’s the dumb@aa now**

But if he wanted to race it without his daughter in it, it would go just as fast as a coupe. Wow, u're really into yourself, oh no, you have a coupe it's gotta be fast. Fvck u're the biggest POS to post something like that.

* I never said it was faster because of the looks. I just asked Why. Are we a lil sensitive like me to the word immature. atleast i have the ballz to own up!!*

edit: Oh by the way, i'm sure your kid was a mistake since you obviously wore a RUBBER when fvcking that lil ***** of yours.
* Saying things like that, although completely incorrect, gets people thrown off bridges in my family. I never said I had a kid. I said WHEN I HAVE A KID I WILL BEING PLAYING PLAYSTATION 5 WITH HIM (Foreshadowing). * Were you dropped on your noodle noodleboy*!!!!

Now to Mbow. I didn't say you should have worn a rubber. It was a general comment to all us non-married ones. i hate typing and talking through text becuase it is hard to come out right. I just despise when people call others immature. Although you got it right! Hell even I was suprised on that one. i am glad for you and your life with your child and wish you all the luck and happiness with the second as well.

I NEVER SAID THE COUPE WAS FASTER. I ASKED WHY DID YOU GO FOR A SEDAN. Why are you on this board if you do not wish to hook up your car? I am just curious, not trying to be offensive.
Old 10-22-2002
THE WOP

BTW I OWN yOU NOW Noodleboy.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Unstoppable is an unknown quantity at this point
Oooh I think I can answer this one. I used to drive a 2k1 Civic Si, and I wrote that off so now I drive a 03 Corolla and those things are pretty fast. I was somewhat suprised that a car $5000 cheaper was faster than my Si and had better sound system. Its not so much that it only has +3Hp, but the way the gear ratios are set up in the car. The car revs very smooth. If both cars were manual, Corolla would win, but since its an automatic, I'm not too sure since you can lanuch and all. I would have to say it would be pretty even, anyones game. If I go WOT on my AT Corolla, it goes up to 80 Km/H in barely no time. The problem with the Civic was that the power was Instantaneous (Vtec), but it wasn't smooth power overall. The Corolla accelerates very very smooth and faster than the Civic I feel.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Unstoppable
Oooh I think I can answer this one. I used to drive a 2k1 Civic Si, and I wrote that off so now I drive a 03 Corolla and those things are pretty fast. I was somewhat suprised that a car $5000 cheaper was faster than my Si and had better sound system. Its not so much that it only has +3Hp, but the way the gear ratios are set up in the car. The car revs very smooth. If both cars were manual, Corolla would win, but since its an automatic, I'm not too sure since you can lanuch and all. I would have to say it would be pretty even, anyones game. If I go WOT on my AT Corolla, it goes up to 80 Km/H in barely no time. The problem with the Civic was that the power was Instantaneous (Vtec), but it wasn't smooth power overall. The Corolla accelerates very very smooth and faster than the Civic I feel.[hr]
the canadian si is actually the american EX....
WOT????
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
You think because you're driving a coupe that it's a sportscar or looks like one?
*NO DUMB @SS I said it is capable of looking more like what we gear our cars towards.*
and what DO you gear your car towards? What can the coupe gear more towards than the sedan? Because it has 2 extra doors?
Sorry but get your first
* Do you mean FIST*
Yea, that thing hanging out of u're @ss

out of your @$$ cuz it's not. The coupe and sedan perform the same, same engine, weight is negligent. Playstation 5?
* playstation 5 is a foreshadowing.*
I forshadow that you'll drive off a bridge - why foreshadow? Why bother? You can tell the future?

Unless i went back in time i believe it's a playstation 2. And MBOW could own a coupe not that he CANT. Use your head instead of jacking it up u're @$$. Because he has a daughter he's considerate about passenger room.
*only 1 inch difference in room. Who’s the dumb@aa now**
No you are, anyone with a family w/ kids would not get a coupe, but a 4 door car - more accessible - now you really ARE the dumbass if you'll have kids driving around in a coupe and not invest in a foor door sedan/suv/van.
But if he wanted to race it without his daughter in it, it would go just as fast as a coupe. Wow, u're really into yourself, oh no, you have a coupe it's gotta be fast. Fvck u're the biggest POS to post something like that.

* I never said it was faster because of the looks. I just asked Why. Are we a lil sensitive like me to the word immature. atleast i have the ballz to own up!!*
Why what? why not a coupe? he said he has a daughter. And if he DID want to race in a sedan why the hell not? Why a COUPE? Why?

* Saying things like that, although completely incorrect, gets people thrown off bridges in my family. I never said I had a kid. I said WHEN I HAVE A KID I WILL BEING PLAYING PLAYSTATION 5 WITH HIM (Foreshadowing). * Were you dropped on your noodle noodleboy*!!!!
You said "i plan to be playing playstation 5 with my kid "- now if you had 2 degrees with such high paying job, you'd know that it's "I plan to be playing playstation 5 WHEN i have a kid - Dumbass to you x 2. If you really wanna throw me off a bridge i welcome it - i'll introduce you to my 9mm first.

Now to Mbow. I didn't say you should have worn a rubber. It was a general comment to all us non-married ones. i hate typing and talking through text becuase it is hard to come out right. I just despise when people call others immature. Although you got it right! Hell even I was suprised on that one. i am glad for you and your life with your child and wish you all the luck and happiness with the second as well.

I NEVER SAID THE COUPE WAS FASTER. I ASKED WHY DID YOU GO FOR A SEDAN. Why are you on this board if you do not wish to hook up your car? I am just curious, not trying to be offensive.[hr]
oh btw, you don't own me. Your fist up your @ss does.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way Galaxy
JoeB16 is an unknown quantity at this point
"the extra 3 hp plus the DOHC would help him out"

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahahahaha!
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

Vinzenzobar:

"the coupe would destroy it (sort of)."

That's the statement I interpreted as meaning the coupe is faster. I don't know what else you could have meant by that. If I my assumption was incorrect, I apologize.

I am here on the board because I enjoy talking about the civic and cars in general. I have done quite a few mods. My intentions have never been to make my car look or resemble a sports car. I have tried to make mine go a little faster acceleration wise and have done a few minor mods to the exterior. The exterior mods were done because I didn't care for the front grill or the big orange reflectors.

Ever seen the 4-door touring cars on tv race or something similar. I think they look awesome. I enjoy my 4 door and actually love the way it looks. You will probably own a 4 door of some sort yourself one day. Then, you'll see how much more useable the car's interior space becomes. But who really cares.

We both like our cars right? Yea, I think so. So, since we are the ones that drive and pay for them, doesn't it make sense to respect each other's preferences w/o resorting to negative and stone-throwing comments?
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
Vinzenzobar:

"the coupe would destroy it (sort of)."

That's the statement I interpreted as meaning the coupe is faster. I don't know what else you could have meant by that. If I my assumption was incorrect, I apologize.

I am here on the board because I enjoy talking about the civic and cars in general. I have done quite a few mods. My intentions have never been to make my car look or resemble a sports car. I have tried to make mine go a little faster acceleration wise and have done a few minor mods to the exterior. The exterior mods were done because I didn't care for the front grill or the big orange reflectors.

Ever seen the 4-door touring cars on tv race or something similar. I think they look awesome. I enjoy my 4 door and actually love the way it looks. You will probably own a 4 door of some sort yourself one day. Then, you'll see how much more useable the car's interior space becomes. But who really cares.

We both like our cars right? Yea, I think so. So, since we are the ones that drive and pay for them, doesn't it make sense to respect each other's preferences w/o resorting to negative and stone-throwing comments?[hr]

finally a reasonable comment
Old 10-22-2002
THE WOP

big man with the 9mm. my degrees are in art, not english. But even still I speak and write better then you ever will. Minus some typoes here and there.

I know the practability of a 4 door. I may have said it the way You stated. If i did my bad. And to Noodleboy... You live in Canada. I do own you. Not one retort you made had any umph. you don't need the when! It isn't neccessary. You know what i am talking a-Boot (canadian for about). Hosier! do you know what is going to happen to Canada when the US runs out of natural resources?.... Knock Knock, Oh Canada.... Get a life and quit instigating a debate between 2 men. It would have gone a lot smoother and quicker between me and Mbow if you would have just kept your Mouth shut.
Old 10-22-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
lol. I'd have to agree with Joe.

wtf has 3 extra hp and the fact that the he has "DOHC" will be better?

granted, generally a DOHC engine pumps out more power than a SOHC engine...

but what you should be concern about is the fact that the 1.8 liter DOHC engine there has much more useable torque through its powerband... and arrives at a much larger torque curve much faster...

in either case, its an auto, so if you do a good launch, you should be able to take it if you go through the gears and clutch right...

and as for the sedan vs. coupe crap... its 15 lbs people. I bought the coupe cuz I didn't really need a 4door, and I like the styling better (which is a subjective opinion) Occasionally its easier if I drive a 4dr since sometimes I have a full load...

(coupe) 16.82823898723 vs. (sedan) 16.8282389600

is still a 16.8 sec car.

Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

GoldenEye is an unknown quantity at this point
But dude,don't you remember? "Ask any racer,any real racer and he'll tell you:It does'nt matter if you win by an inch or a mile,winning is winning."

Randy
Old 10-23-2002
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
I ask about sedans becuase they look like you should be taking your kids to school and then getting groceries afterwards. NOT RACING. And 15lbs here and there makes a huge difference. They have a rear simularity to Volvo. As for the VTEC thing. My bad I typoed or brainfarted. I knew that, I sware. 4500 4500 4500 4500 4500 4500 4500 4500. There now it is engraved. No more mistakes.

I don't mean to hate on the 4 drs. but did you purposely buy them or were they gifted? Only thing I could think to do to a 4dr 2001 civic would be a IS300 conversion. Well Have fun with them. I wish you all the best in racing and styling.[hr]
since we are on the topic of hating on 4doors, i personally think that the coupes looks ugly. The tail lights are wierd and it doesnt look visually satisfying in its stock form. But I guess thats why most do all that body modifying. Last time I checked, you didnt write the check for my 5speed ssm civic sedan, so why do you care?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] That's my 2cents. if you have ever been out of US or canada, you will realize some of the most powerful cars are sedans
Old 10-23-2002
THE WOP

then buy one of those! And I don't hate sedans. I just asked why. So far I got practability, and coupes are ugly. COOL That's all I asked.the other stuff was brought up do to an assumption i made. but that has been cleared up. So shut up already

Quick Reply: *update* 2003 corolla s vs My 2001 civic ex