General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Totaled civic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Totaled civic?

( I'm french, my English writing is not perfect)
Hi,
I know that it's the insurances decision if they repair my car or not, but I would like to have your opinion. It's a 2013 civic ex with 54000 km, i've been hit by an suv Mercedes at 70 km/h on a red light, the guy didn't it his brakes at all! (I was on green lights). You can see on the picture the exterior of my civic, inside my 2 side air bag are deployed on driver side. Any of you have had similar wreck? Some people say that when air bag blow, it's a wreck...I don't think that!
Old 02-06-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Totaled civic?

Pas bonne...

Suspension
Rear quarter (hard to replace, need to cut and solder)
if frame bent, it's a write off
even one lug nut seem to have come off...

Bonne chance, madam...
Old 02-06-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Pas bonne...

Suspension
Rear quarter (hard to replace, need to cut and solder)
if frame bent, it's a write off
even one lug nut seem to have come off...

Bonne chance, madam...
thank you for your respond, I sure don't want them to repare my car! It look pretty wreck
Old 02-06-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

I'd guess write off, hope you're not hurt
Old 02-06-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
I'd guess write off, hope you're not hurt
More scared then hurt. The hit was like a bomb, I didn't see him coming.Lucky me he hit the back door and not the driver door. Came out with a sore back and neck, so the doctor prescribed me pain killer.
Old 02-06-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Civic77
Came out with a sore back and neck
Call 1-800-ASK-GARY. Oops..that's in Florida. In Quebec call 1-800-ASK-PIERRE..lol
Old 02-07-2018
Registered!!

Boosted Turtle is an unknown quantity at this point

Should / could be a write off.

Shesh if my car was hit like that I wouldn't want it repaired I would want a new car hope the outcome of everything is good and on your favor. Best of luck and most importantly is that you are ok and no one is seriously injured.
Old 02-09-2018
Registered!!

The insurance call today and it is a write off. They stop counting at 17 000$!!
Now they told me the price they estimate my car and I find that it's not enough, can we negotiate with them? They giving me 15 600$ with tx. It's only been a month that I bought my car at 14 900$ plus tx and new michelin tires, new rims, 3M stickers and a remote starter. 54 000 km 2013.
Old 02-09-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Now they told me the price they estimate my car and I find that it's not enough, can we negotiate with them? They giving me 15 600$ with tx. It's only been a month that I bought my car at 14 900$ plus tx and new michelin tires, new rims, 3M stickers and a remote starter. 54 000 km 2013.
Of course you can negotiate. Search the Kelly Blue Book (KBB) and NADA book values and see what your car is worth in the condition and mileage just prior to the accident. Aftermarket or factory upgraded rims, tires, starter should be factored in as well for valuation.

Who's paying your claim: your insurance or the person who hit you insurer?
Old 02-09-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Megalodong
Of course you can negotiate. Search the Kelly Blue Book (KBB) and NADA book values and see what your car is worth in the condition and mileage just prior to the accident. Aftermarket or factory upgraded rims, tires, starter should be factored in as well for valuation.

Who's paying your claim: your insurance or the person who hit you insurer?
My insurance, in Quebec province, responsible or not, it's each our own insurance. Because i'm not responsible, I have no deductibles.
Old 02-09-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Do you till have the old rims and tires that you can give them and keep the new ones?
When I wrote off my gold car I kept my winter rims and tires and gave them the summer rims with bald tires. Unfortunately the summer rims were nice alloys If I had know it was going to take them 2 weeks to pick up the car I would have put the bald tires on the winter rims
Old 02-09-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

well, after the hit, not sure if the new rear left rim is that good... The tires could be a thing that is saleable, though
Old 02-09-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
Do you till have the old rims and tires that you can give them and keep the new ones?
When I wrote off my gold car I kept my winter rims and tires and gave them the summer rims with bald tires. Unfortunately the summer rims were nice alloys If I had know it was going to take them 2 weeks to pick up the car I would have put the bald tires on the winter rims
I bought both summer and winter michelin at the same time, my summer tires are on the honda original mag and winter on black rims that I also bought at the same time for winter. The place where my car is, wont let us change the tires. So i'll put the price of winter and rim for the insurance. I also bought a week ago new wipper 100$.. I need to make a list so I dont lost to much!!
Old 02-09-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

yeah, tell them what you bought new, so they can account for that. Don't really remember how the insurance in Quebec was, have been 7 years since i moved...
Old 02-09-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
yeah, tell them what you bought new, so they can account for that. Don't really remember how the insurance in Quebec was, have been 7 years since i moved...
They told me that they count everything extra on the car, but I was looking on the web how to negotiate with car insurance and They say to ask for the list so I can see how much they give for each thing, like tires they can say 200$ and I can go against that I say tires are new only 1000 km paid 575$
Old 02-09-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

well, like cars, the moment tires are used, the price drops considerably, (i did not get much for my snow tires when i sold them prior to leaving Canada, but it was less thing to stuff my car on the way back, so...)

but it is worth a try, just don't expect much from the insurance company... You could always check what the price is for used tires - there's always someone selling stuff in Craigs list, ebay, etc. then show them it.

Encore, bonne chance, madam.
La vie n'est pas jamais facile...