Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Totaled!! Totaled!! Totaled!! (now w/pics 2nd page) 56k no way

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006
Downed but not for good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigmurr will become famous soon enoughbigmurr will become famous soon enough
Angry Totaled!! Totaled!! Totaled!! (now w/pics 2nd page) 56k no way

I almost died yesterday, so here's the story(I'm typing w/only one hand so excuse the typos):

So just got off work, and took the freeway home (I work in downtown Atlanta). I get off my exit and drive 55 as that is the speed limit on this stretch of road. I come up to a large intersection and notice that the light was green so of course I cross it going 60. But since the road changes speed limits from 55 to 40 after the intersection I was in the process of slowing down.

Now I look down just for a second, I don’t remember why, but when I look up a man in a Camry has pulled out the parking lot on my right trying to turn left. Well apparently he didn’t see me and I had no time to break so I hit him at 50 mph. T-boned him, luckily I swerved slightly to miss his drivers door, otherwise he probably be dead right now.

Anyway, my airbags go off and as for the damage: Everyone was surprised I was able to walk. Thanks to our Civics’ design. Never say our cars are nor safe, because you’re wrong if I had an American small car I’d be dead.

Back to topic my right thumb was almost ripped totally off, because I had my thumb like every driving school tells you to put it, holding the wheel kind of like you pen1s, thumb wrapped around. Never hold the wheel like this. Keep your thumb close to your pointer finger and not wrapped around the wheel.

So I have an open dislocation of my thumb, where the bone sticks out. Bruised shoulders where the seatbelt grabbed me. And everything sore, I essentially escaped death, and so did the man.

So any ideas on my new car???

I will have pictures of me and my car later this afternoon.

Last edited by bigmurr; 06-02-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

FreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura about
damn!!
Old 06-02-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
thats some scary ****, glad you are ok. as for your thumb, ouch!
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

xbeebop is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad you are okay...any thoughts on the new car?
Old 06-02-2006

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
glad youre ok, kinda. stick that thumb bone back in there and start driving.

Get a 8th gen EX, with nav.

Old 06-02-2006
Downed but not for good

yeah I want to try and get a rsx type s used but I probably get a 04 or 04 civic but you never know
Old 06-02-2006
Eddie is so hot. *sigh* I want him......BAD

dawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant futuredawn01civ has a brilliant future
Glad you are ok.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

JDSteere84 is an unknown quantity at this point
glad to hear your ok... as far as a new ride, '06 Si of course
Old 06-02-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
good thing you are okay. rsx-s sounds like a good choice, as well as a used tsx or something.
Old 06-02-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
definately get a civic again after a crash like that. glad your okay.
Old 06-02-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
****, glad you are ok. Lots of bad things happening to members lately!
Take it easy and get well now!
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you are alive and able to tell this story...
Old 06-02-2006
Downed but not for good

thanks guys my biggest question now is if the other driver is dead, he looked over 60 w/ a head of white hair. he was taken in an ambulance too before i could talk to him.

And if my cell phone wouldwork ill show you what my thumb looked like.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
glad you made it outta there in one piece! hopefully the other guy will turn out ok as well.

it's a reflex, but they teach students in Driver's Edu never to lock up your muscles when you know you're about to crash. if you lock your knees & elbows, your shoulders and hips are likely to end up in the back seat

and the "look away for only a second" is the devil's favorite invitation to pick on you.
my friend looked away slightly at her radio and ended up on her neighbor's lawn in the bushes.
Old 06-02-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
First its good to see you are ok. Although I love cars to death a car can be replaced you cant. As for the other driver it was an accident so don't blame your self if he does not make it. Accidents are just that Accidents. Third hell ya post some pics I wanna see.
Old 06-02-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
wow man thats insane.. glad to hear your alive man. id say get an rsx.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
dangggggg...i'm speechless...but i'm very happy your able to talk to us today my god get another car that's just as safe keep that in mind...lord..help us all...
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
wow...

thank God that you're alive, bud!

sooo...have you guys discussed about who's right and who's wrong?
Old 06-02-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
It should be the other driver's fault since he had the right of way... I t-boned someone in a situation like this once and it was their fault since I had the right of way and I couldn't have done anything to avoid hitting them.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Good for you that nothing major is wrong with you after kind of high speed accident.
You cant concentrate on body pain now, thinking about new car definately helps.
Rsx-s or 2006 si can be a good start, thay have almost everything 7thgenter may think about.
Old 06-02-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
damn dude im sorry. i wanted to help you drop your car too. im glad your ok. and yea 5 star safety rating man. good stuff! feel better. maybe you could get a type S or an SI. thats what everyone says haha.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Victorious will become famous soon enoughVictorious will become famous soon enough
glad you're ok
good you're not too cool for the safe belt
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Glad that your ok, a RSX-S would be nice.
Old 06-02-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah man, it's such a good thing you made it through that with no less trouble than you did. Someone must have been praying for you. But I think what you've gone through makes a pretty strong case to get a similar care, just for safety reasons, a la '06 Si or Type-S.
Old 06-02-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Ouch, that thumb thing sounds like it hurts. Good thing you're not dead man. That's why I don't grip the steering wheel with my thumb wrapped around it. I usually have my grip on the bottom of the wheel, with my arms resting on my legs. It almost looks like I'm pinching it with my thumb and index finger. And about the car...I'd say get the Type S.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
damn, good pointer about the thumbs.. glad to hear nothing serious - healthwise
Old 06-02-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
that sucks but you're alive still so thats a big relief.
Old 06-02-2006
Downed but not for good

Here are some pics of my car and me:

here's my thumb after realignment and 6 stiches.

Here's the seatbelt damage, it feels alot worse then it looks

and the car:

I've got one pic coming w/blood so wait on that.

Last edited by bigmurr; 06-02-2006 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-02-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Glad you are ok. Explain the thumb thing again. How not to drive with it. I got lost with that. And for the next car... Type S for sure.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
damn that sucks I would get a RSX type s or new civic si

Quick Reply: Totaled!! Totaled!! Totaled!! (now w/pics 2nd page) 56k no way