General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

EVIC overhead console display fuel mpg

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torontopaul is an unknown quantity at this point
EVIC overhead console display fuel mpg

Do any honda civics have the digital display that tells you the fuel economy, like MPG, how many miles you have left in your tank? Or is it the cluster?

I want to know what years or generation of civic has this digital display of information?

so when I buy a civic I know which year or model ex or lx that has this option to track my gas mileage.

I know my 98 dodge intrepid had an overhead EVIC for navigation compass, average MPG, Temperature outside, miles left in gas tank, etc.

Thank you.
Old 02-12-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: EVIC overhead console display fuel mpg

I find doing it hand to be the most accurate. My Fit has it and it’s off a little bit.
Old 02-12-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm almost certain all civics 2006 and newer have MPG meters. My 2018 has it, as does my ex's 2008. GolNat is right though, doing it by hand is more accurate. My average MPG meter keeps telling me I'm averaging 32-34MPG, but calculations tell me I'm getting closer to 30. Downside to having a Turbo'd Civic
Old 02-13-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torontopaul is an unknown quantity at this point

By hand? How the heck do you do that?

Fill up the tank and set the trip meter?
Thats not very efficient or precise IMO.

I know in my old car 98 intrepid, it would change drastically while I drove depending on where I was driving and traffic. So I would be able to tell if I was getting better mileage by using a different route or changing a part or adding fuel treatment. If it would get low I would know that something was wrong and would due maintenance. I used as a tool or guide for maintaining my car. For example, I would notice better mileage when I used premium products like FRAM oil and air filters, synthetic oil, fuel treatments, sparkplugs, etc. Also realized I had a vaccum air leak when it dropped from 25mpg to 11mpg. The best I got it up to was over 40mpg which is beyond what the manufactuer claimed. So being able to optimize my fuel efficiency is important to me.

Are there other forums for honda I can use? I just joined hondatech to gather more intel.

Also is there any or specific repair guides to use or the regular haines manual good? I find the pictures hard to see and understand.

Thanks gentlemen.
Old 02-13-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the hand check method only really gives you average fuel economy per tank, not real time. If you want accurate real time fuel economy, I'd look into a scangauge. I know there a few members using it, notably sdaidoji