General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Do turn signals have to blink?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caryseo is an unknown quantity at this point
Do turn signals have to blink?

I recently changed my right-rear taillight on my 95 grand prix, and ever since then my right turn signal doesnt blink. it turns on, but stays solid. i've been moving the lever up and down, but thats a real pain to do. does a turn signal legally have to blink or is it okay that it just stays on?
Old 07-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all
Re: Do turn signals have to blink?

yes...
Old 07-13-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

must blink. you may just need a new flasher relay theyre $5 at the auto store.
Old 07-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Old 07-13-2009
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

things are getting darn right goofy around here lately. WTF is up with that?
Old 07-14-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

if it was fine before and then you changed the bulb and it stopped blinking you could have the wrong bulb. the blinker has 2 filaments, 1 that stays on and 1 that blinks. you might have got the bulb that only has 1 filament. or it could be the flash box.

and yeah what kind of question is that? lol
Old 07-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I had the same problem in my dads old corolla wayyyy back in the day. The wheel needed to be pulled and the piece with the windshield wipers/blinkers needed to be replaced because apparently it had broken gears inside or something. It was 45 bucks or so at a junk yard. Probably not the same issue with the civic's tho...

Now, the right blinker in my moms camry stays on every once in a while. You gotta flip it to blink left real quick, and then back and it works again... pretty ghetto- I'm not sure the fix of this
Old 07-22-2009

Michealmany is an unknown quantity at this point

Replace your standard bulbs with LED bulbs. LED bulbs use less energy than standard bulbs and you car will flash like a bulb is out.
Source(s):
That's what happened on my motorcycle when I replaced regular bulbs with LED bulbs
Old 07-24-2009
Registered!!

sarah_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Now you know the answer buddy, now tell us, is it working properly now? if yes then what was problem? was it bulb`s fault or something was wrong with the box.

Regards,
sarah_9

Online Traffic School & Online Traffic Tickets Los Angeles
Old 08-07-2009

lovely09 is an unknown quantity at this point

It must be blinking.I guess the light is the problem or rather there's something you have missed when change your taillight.Try to check which is the real problem first.