General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

accord driver door light wont work

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
accord driver door light wont work

im trying to figure out why only the front driver door light wont work, but all three other doors do. the pin switch works fine and the dome light turns on/off when the door is opened/closed. any ideas?
Old 04-23-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: accord driver door light wont work

Could be broken wire in the door harness ?? Does the the light flicker or flash any if the door is swung back and forth ??
Old 04-23-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if doesnt work at all no matter where the door position is. i even jiggled the rubber boot between the door and car and nothing. im guessing the wire completely broke cause all the other lights work and fuses are all fine.
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

i hear ya. my mom's '02 crv does the same thing for the drivers door. i cant imagine any wires behind the switch itself being loose, and the switch pushes in smoothly. i'm stumped too.
Old 04-24-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Those wires are just thin enough to get by. Not sure how hard it would be to run a new pair through the rubber boot. A bit of thinner speaker cable would be a good bet.
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Mr. Beefy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure you have a voltage test light.take the bulb out of the socket use the test light, check if you get power going to the light. if you don't have power then the wire might be pulled out of the light housing or you got a fried wire
Old 04-24-2009
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to ask it, but i don't see it mentioned as being done... (i know you may have checked it, but may not have listed it) although it sometimes slips the mind

bulb burnt out?
Old 04-25-2009
Premium Member

lol thanks but thats the first thing i tried. new bulb didnt work, the socket is connected to wires, but no power is at the terminals and they are not corroded. im inclined so far to believe a wire just broke since the driver door sees the most action obviously. the hard part is figuring out where this happened and how to fix lol. i guess i can take the panel off and pull some of the wires to see if one comes off.
Old 04-25-2009
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough

Wow your parents really beat the car. J/K anyway you said the dome light comes on but do they have a door ajar light in the gauge cluster? if so does that come on with the drivers door as well? Also is there a different alarm installed? One of the wires could have caused a problem in the circuit if so.
Old 04-25-2009
Premium Member

yeah the door ajar light on the dash comes on with driver door. it has aftermarket python alarm.
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough

Well if the light still comes on, that was gonna be the fastest fix. With an aftermarket alarm there is a possibility that something isn't right with the wiring any more. How long has the light been like that? If you think it's been awhile I would start with the alarm since just about everything else has been taken care of.

If you haven't done it yet, take the door panel off and see if the window possibly pinched the wire running to the light or from where ever it comes.
Old 04-26-2009
Premium Member

its been like this a long time, i never noticed when cause it happened when i was still out of town. i wouldnt know what to check with the alarm tho. ill open the door panel if its warm today lol.
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

Yeah I am not quite sure what to check with the alarm as I don't know how that specific one is wired to tell when the doors are open. If everything looks ok when you take the panel off, take a test light and probe the wire that is supposed to make the light come on and see if you have power. If you do, also check to see if the light still has ground. I don't think I have ever had so much trouble trying to fix something so small lol. Anyway good luck with it gear, I'm pretty much out of ideas after all that.
Old 07-25-2010
Premium Member

hahaha update! a year later i figured out what happened. i was changing speakers and I FORGOT TO PLUG THE LIGHT BACK IN! LOL