General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

TL switchblade key mod?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mackin is an unknown quantity at this point
TL switchblade key mod?

Has anyone tried doing the TL/RDX Switchblade key mod?
I don't know if this is less hassel comparing to the CRV key mod
So far this works on older/current gen TLs, Tsx, Rsx, Accord, CRV, ...but what about 7thgen civics?
I've searched on 8thgencivic and so far it will not work on the 8thgen cus honda changed the programming method on the 8thgens.

here are some of the links
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9353
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=80815
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=428964

videos:
http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...&search=Search
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_DXPQj54IUI
Old 11-16-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: TL switchblade key mod?

That accord DIY was pretty slick.. Okay, and so was V6..
MAN! I wish I had an 03 or later so I could do this. Prior to 03 we had the ghetto non laser cut keys.
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

does anyone know what type of immobilization system 01-05 or 01-03/04-05 have?
some info on the immobilization for honda/acuras
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=12
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

i have no idea but this looks like a pretty decent mod your trying. in for the results
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

This looks tight...
Old 11-16-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

would prolly work with 03-05 civic
Old 11-16-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

the blank key looks like the same type that the 03-05 uses. is there a way the dealer can cut the blank TL key for the civic? that would be a much easier solution than hacking away at it. all that would have to done is to switch the immobilizer chips.
Old 11-16-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

The key function of it would work. As for the unlock/lock, im not too sure being that we have a whole seperate remote for those funstions. It would be pointless to do this JUST for the key portion, you might as well try to make everything work. The plus side is if you go with the TL key with the trunk button, all you have to do is replace your tunk latch with an accord trunk latch (direct bolt on) and you will also have a power trunk, granted you wire it up. Now THAT would be worth the time. I just so happen to have 3 keys for my car and 2 remotes....I may just look into doing this.
Old 11-16-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

i mean, the rsx guys got it to work with their cars. do we have the same alarms as they do? if the frequencies are the same, i dont see why it wouldnt work.
Old 11-16-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Ive been trying to find it. Yes...if our alarms are on the same frequencies, you should be able to program the remote to work. I cant seem to find anything right now though.
Old 11-16-2007
New Mod on the Block

they're so cool. i want one soooooooo bad.
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

hm...I have the accord trunk release hooked up to my compustar alarm right now where the compustar alarm brain gives off a pulse for the compustar remote trunk function, but how would the stock keyless entry brain be able to detect the signal from the TL key's trunk function if our stock keyless brain doesn't have this function?

My ultimate goal for this mod will be if the TL switchblade key can be programmed to my compustar receiver, then it'll be perfect!