Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Power locks not working, key fob is

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cecisd15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Power locks not working, key fob is

Hello--
I'm hoping someone can help. My power locks stopped working yesterday. I'm trying to figure out what may be going on.

-Civic EX 02, 160K miles
-Power locks not working when using them inside the car
-Can lock/open the doors with key fob
-Car stopped honking with double click of key fob but lights do go on.

From what I'm reading, I think this may be related to the actuator but doesn't fit exactly with that description.

Anyone out there have an idea what may be going on? Is this an easy fix? DIY or at the shop?
Need to decide if I want to put any more money into this car after repeated issues with struts

Thanks
Old 08-11-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Power locks not working, key fob is

So... ALL the locks engage/disengage when you press the button on the fob?
Old 08-11-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Which door doesn't turn on the dome light? With car running does the door open indicator show a door open? Does the problem happen with the key in or out of the ignition? Does the headlamp chime work?

Honda keyless will never lock the doors when 1 door is ajar. The lack of honking indicates that the car thinks something on the car is not closed. The hood, trunk, and doors all need to be closed for the car to honk.

I would suspect one of the door jamb switches has gone bad and prevents the keyless from locking the doors. If you have the key in the ignition it will also prevent the power door locks from locking if it thinks the door is open. If it is a jamb switch they are something cheap like $8-10 from honda and look something like this.

Amazon.com: Standard Motor Products DS-1541Door Jamb Switch: Automotive Amazon.com: Standard Motor Products DS-1541Door Jamb Switch: Automotive

If you find 1 that looks or feel different than the others when you push it in the easy test for the switch is to just unplug it.
Old 08-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cecisd15 is an unknown quantity at this point

All locks engage/disengage with the key fob. One press of key fob locks drivers door. Two push of the key fob button lock all doors.

Dome light works fine. Turns on when doors are unlocked with key fob. Headlamp chime is not working. Headlamps do blink but there is no honk.

No door open indicator.

Problem with doors not locking when key out of the ignition when inside the car.

If there was a door ajar indicator somewhere, why would the key fob work to lock the doors?

Thank you for responses.

Last edited by cecisd15; 08-11-2015 at 04:38 PM.