General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What do you do for winter???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honda860 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
What do you do for winter???

Ok all of you who have hooked up rides. Not even really hooked up maybe just rimms and an intake and exhaust what do you guys do in the areas that get alot of snow like me in connecticut for winter? Do you guys have second ride? do you take off all your aftermarket stuff and winterize. I mean I take my rimms off for winter cus i dont have a second ride yet but I want to like just put my car away and not drive it which is like impossible. Maybe rent a car for the entire winter haha. But let me know what all you guys do inthe snow bogged area we live in.
Old 10-19-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
my car..is gonna be a snowplow. My bumper is going to push snow. Also i live kinda North....in CANADA..which is even worse..haha..Yeap..its also my cars first winter so..i'm hoping for the best..and looking for some gooood snow tires !
Also, this is going to be the first time driving a 'car' in the winter, I've always driven 4WD SUVs..
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

damn. its like i dont even wanna use my car. they use salt and **** onthe roads around here :-(
Old 10-19-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
^^
Trust me, i know how you feel, i wish i could keep my car inside too..that stuff cant be good..but goto a DIY carwash and just rinse that salt and crap off your car once a week or so..thats what my dad does with his car. My buddy has it worse though..hes forced to drive his Supra in the winter...LOL. ohh mann..that guy will be sliding everywhere..
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a car last two years, but it died on my so this year i'll be snowplowing w/ the rest of you, just lowered my car this past weekend and i've got the OEM kit on it, but it's urethane at least
Old 10-19-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
*Lip kit is off
*HFP wheels off
*steelies w/ snow tires are on
*Jap license plate probably coming off
*Altezza style grill and painted hood molding might be taken off too
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
i use a winter beater car aka ford taurus!
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
civic goes in my garage for most of the winter, when there is sand/salt/snow out in the roads...

and then comes out my f150 doing donuts !
Old 10-19-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
everything stays on, and daily driven. if it snows, i try not to drive.
Old 10-19-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
snow tires and mine works fine... went through 3 foot drift with it when I had the civic (lake effect snow sucks)
Old 10-19-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
storage the civic, drive the tercel.

Last edited by bamb00; 10-19-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-19-2005
Premium Member

genx_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn its only a civic. just drive it.
Old 10-19-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
yea, I just take my rims off and put back my steelies with winter tires. I do make an effort to wash it once a week and I avoid driving when it's snowing if I can.

whatever you do, be careful when you brush off the snow with that plastic brush. Don't push too hard because I did and I had these tiny scratches all over my trunk.
Old 10-19-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
wow glad i live in the south. we MIGHT get 6 inches of snow total this year
Old 10-19-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Ashhole
wow glad i live in the south. we MIGHT get 6 inches of snow total this year

Yeah, but we have no huricanes, earthquakes, fires, mudslides or anything like that. And personally I can deal with a little snow easier than a huricane, but then agian I drive a 6,200lb 4x4
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Gonna be the first time I drive my civic in snow, this year, but the car has already seen snow from the previous owner, but Im not sure how its gonna be when the suspension is dropped 2", hopefully it doesnt turn into a snowplow (tho I think it wont with a OEM bumper). Also got winter tires on already, since it was the only set of tires that came with the car.
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

yeah i pretty much just deal take my rimms off and ride. I just hate it when it snows I gotta move so i can keep my car hot all year haha. Yeah i found out the whole brush thing last year on ony 2000 SI i had cus i was trying to push off ice and left some lines haha
Old 10-19-2005
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough
my car is in the garage now. every year i had to get a winter rat then i'd sell it in the summer but this year i'm going to save some money and drive my girlfriend's car. i'll be rockin' a hyundia elantra
Old 10-19-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
I'll leave my car exactly how it is right now. We dont get snow down here in atlanta. we just have ice storms. And when its ice outside i cant drive anywhere anyway. I tried last year and ended up in a ditch.

Last edited by Nick; 10-19-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
intake stays on (why would u take it off? unless its CAI). I'm driving it all winter long with WI snow.... it did fine last year but this year my tires have 26k miles on them and prolly wont grip as well so i might b forced into winter tires... (hopefully not) if ur understearing like a **** just grab the ebrake and all ur problems r solved, unless u cant get going in the first place.... then ur fuked
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
oh, and if ur cars lowered and u live where it snows ur an idiot. lift it backup so u can drive ur car everyday!
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

gotarheels03 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ WRONG. Nothing wrong with driving a lowered car in winter unless its slammed to the ground with a big bodykit. My old Corolla was lowered almost 2 inches, stock body and I drove it like that for 2 winters, never a problem. Only thing thats a pain is having to jack the car up to get all the salt and packed snow out of the wheelwells.

This winter will be my 1st running on 17's though. They're Falken Ziex all-seasons, but with wide low profiles I probably wont be going anywhere in more than a few inches. I can't see it being worse than the horrible stock Dunlops though.
Old 10-19-2005
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2blu
I'll leave my car exactly how it is right now. We dont get snow down here in atlanta. we just have ice storms. And when its ice outside i cant drive anywhere anyway. I tried last year and ended up in a ditch.
we don't get snow in AR either. we just get ice. My friend has a thick layer of my tires on his parent's driveway from me trying to get my car out (it's uphill)
Old 10-19-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I do nothing for winter...

Winter in the Caribbean is like summer, so heh.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

spudracer326 is an unknown quantity at this point
I Love Living In Oregon. Such Mild Winters. It Only Rains And It Does That For The Whole Year. My Dad Parks His Evo For The Winter Or The Rain Atleast. He Just Drives His Echo. If I Was Him Id Drive The Evo Man That Thing In Fun.