General 10th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Feeble locked doors confirmation beeper

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mortoma5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feeble locked doors confirmation beeper

I have a 2018 Civic EX-T sedan, manual 6-speed that is 11 months old now with only 9,000 miles on odo. I am somewhat disappointed by the lack of volume of the beeper that sounds when your hit your key button to lock your doors twice. I also have a 2015 Honda fit that has this beeper and when I compare with them both inside the garage side by side the Fit's beeper is much louder and I was super disappointed with it too when I got that car. So you can imagine how I feel about an even quieter one! At least I can hear the Fit's better in a noisy parking lot.
My 2008 Civic honked the car horn for confirmation! Boy, I miss those days, you could locate your car at quite a distance in a giant airport parking lot. Us older people don't hear as well and often high pitched sounds are the first to go.
If I can find this beeper, I would like to replace it with something louder as long as it runs on 12 volts. Anyone know where this little beeper is? It seems to be somewhere near or in the trunk or back of the car maybe by the muffler. It's hard to pin it down but I'm thinking of going to a junk yard and getting an old car horn to replace it with if I can get a small enough unit.
Anyone else annoyed by the little whisper of the beeper? Anyone know where the thing is?
Old 11-10-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Feeble locked doors confirmation beeper

Try talking to the dealer, they might be able to make it louder or change the programming so the horn honks
Old 11-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Feeble locked doors confirmation beeper

Sorry, that's how it's designed and built.
There is nothing the dealer can easily do to make the beeper louder nor can we change the system to make it chirp the horn instead of the beeper.