Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Pully ? and underdrive ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinoyjdmr is an unknown quantity at this point
Pully ? and underdrive ?

whats the down fall on the pullys for our cars ? and did any of you guys install a underdrive pully if so what diffrence dose it make for our cars?.
Old 05-18-2006
Registered!!

2k4coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I had aem pullys, killed my alt, maybe one horsepower in increase,lol save your money!
Old 05-18-2006
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
let me put a stop to this thread right now. pullies are a waste of money. they dont do **** and ur lucky if you see 2hp out of them. not worth the time to buy them, put them in urself or have someone put them in unless you have a swap to make them worth it.
Old 05-18-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i had aem pullies, alt blew in a few months. still have the ps no problem, just for looks. crank pulley bad news.
Old 05-19-2006
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
I had the aem pullies for around 40,000 miles with no problems. stil using the original battery in my 01. maybe 1-2 hp if that. I picked them up cheap. I am now running the unorthodox crank pulley. It had a noticable gain.
Old 05-19-2006
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
I have the alt pulley, no ps pulley since I took the ps out. I think it gives a bit quicker acceleration, but like everyone says maybe 1 or 2 hp. Wouldn't recommend it as a first mod, but once you've done all of the other crap it's something to do.
Old 05-19-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
I say no don’t get them!

I bought the 8lbs crank pulley before doing research...

then sold it...
Old 05-19-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Mine Works Fine. Have Had It For 50,000 Miles. Noticed Some Increase In Torque In The High End.
Old 05-19-2006
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by bobsagator
Wouldn't recommend it as a first mod, but once you've done all of the other crap it's something to do.
couldn't have said it better myself
Old 05-21-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
my alternator is almost gone, when it goes, im getting the oem pulley for the alt back on and leaving the other for the looks
Old 05-21-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
do you need the oem pulley? $12 shipped?
Old 05-26-2006
Registered!!

marineman5454 is an unknown quantity at this point
peace of crap killed my alt.
Old 05-26-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I would like a larger PS pully but same alt pulley. That would be great. I don't like the ps being so mushy.
Old 05-26-2006
Premium Member

i didnt notice any ps difference after the pulley was put on. its just for looks.
Old 05-26-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Oh, then its a real waste. PS is too much on our cars, but I don't want to remove it cause my mom drives it about 1 or 2 times a year and that won't work out well lol.
Old 05-26-2006
7thGen Blacked Out Crew

black05civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had them for a year, and have had no problems with my alternator.
Old 05-26-2006
Registered!!

ricanswt is on a distinguished road
Getting close to two years (about 30,000 miles) with the under-drive pulleys on, including light weight crank, and i have had absolutely no problems with the engine, alternator, or power steering. My charging system works at full capacity even with a system. The battery died once, but that was cause i left a map light on all night, not cause of a bad alternator. Everything the crank pulley nay sayer (Gearbox) has said would happen, hasn't happened.
Old 05-26-2006
Premium Member

consider yourself lucky. i already cited many examples of bearing failure that could only be caused by lightened crank pulley.