Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

quick ? about AEM V2

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah if anything you'll get better performance both in filtration and air flow. I'm gonna pick one up once my intake gets here and I measure it. One thing I heard is the open top filter would be noisier because of more flow.
Old 09-08-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
so the SB cone is going to be louder? compared to the cone i have now? well going to cause the intake to be louder
Old 09-08-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The S&B will make more noise, or so I'm told. Maybe you won't notice. I really don't care, since it's gonna do a better job.
Old 09-08-2004
Registered!!

NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
The S&B will make more noise, or so I'm told. Maybe you won't notice. I really don't care, since it's gonna do a better job.
how long till all your stuff is done? and you think you could give me a PM or just post back here when its all setup? tell me what you think about it?
Old 09-08-2004
Tiene tremendo...CULO!

DVnAFI is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a V2, and I want a SB filter. Which one do I get? I dont know which one I need...Tell me the best one! Price is no object here,lol.
Old 09-08-2004
Registered!!

Korpse is on a distinguished road
I'm all about just being easy and not having a complex or pain in the butt install, so i got the AEM short ram instead of the V2. If i hear tons of good things then i'll get one after i get a body kit. and install my new teins. Let me know how it rides with the V2 please.

-K
Old 09-08-2004
Premium Member

DVnAFI, you want the velocity stack version from this site. All you need to do is measure your current intake diameter where the filter goes over it. Then just pick a filter length. If you have room, you could even get a lil bigger one.

http://www.intenseperformance.com/pr...e_filters.html
Old 09-08-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
For everyone with AEM V2, you will need a 5 inch cone, and 3 and half inch inlet. The site that gearbox has posted several times is easy to manage. I will be tossing out my old filter soon (had it for 9 months).

The K&N definately has holes. I can somewhat see the light bulb when I hold it up to there when I finished cleaning mine last week.

I do hope most will switch to another filter. And it should be worth every dollar, especially for me b/c I need a new filter anway.
Old 09-12-2004
Premium Member

When you pick the inlet, is it the diameter of the intake pipe or the filter diameter that will fit over it?
Old 09-12-2004
Registered!!

BlackFire is an unknown quantity at this point
It will fit, remember that the filter inlet is rubber, and will strech a little so it can be firmly installed over the pipe.

Plus, the inlet diameter of the filter is the inside diameter of the inlet.

Last edited by BlackFire; 09-12-2004 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to write something.
Old 09-12-2004
Premium Member

But the intake pipe diameter will be two sizes depending on if you measure the inner or outer diameter. The choices are only .25" apart, so I don't wanna get one that's too big or too small.