Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

UPDATE: Dual-groove pulley INSTALLED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Man, this thread is crazy. I was just reading up on the stuff I missed and someone mentioned that Josh is giving 75$ to who ever dynos their car with DH products on it.

If I remember correctly He isnt giving the 75$ to anyone..... he is giving them credit of 75$ that is only good if you buy more crap from their company.

I gotta admit...... these guys might not be well known for making awesome car parts but they are sure great businessmen who know how to bend people over and stick it in deep.
Old 04-23-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by HustleLikeM0FO
Man, this thread is crazy. I was just reading up on the stuff I missed and someone mentioned that Josh is giving 75$ to who ever dynos their car with DH products on it.

If I remember correctly He isnt giving the 75$ to anyone..... he is giving them credit of 75$ that is only good if you buy more crap from their company.

I gotta admit...... these guys might not be well known for making awesome car parts but they are sure great businessmen who know how to bend people over and stick it in deep.
Someone posted he is now offering $150. Well he is no longer here. But he was offering $150.

If you dont like his custom products, use the money towards other non dh parts that he sells.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

APRboy is on a distinguished road
K, i have not received my spacer yet, and Josh said we would all get them by the end of this week....Josh can you let me know what's going on? PM me, if i don't get it today, i would like my money back...
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by guns
Someone posted he is now offering $150. Well he is no longer here. But he was offering $150.

If you dont like his custom products, use the money towards other non dh parts that he sells.
So not only are you out the money for you dyno run but you will be out the $150 he said he was going to give you towards DH? And even if you got your credit, you want to wait 3 months for a $150 part?
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Ill dyno my DH-pulley on saturday
But my dyno will be with

I/H/E full exhaust

dont have the money to do it more than once

Oh yea i got my spacer and to those who didn't....well dh, the post office isnt perfect.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

SWEEEET i got the dyno money...only enough for one run :\

now i gotta go put it on!
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm in MA there a place a few miles from me that does 4 runs for $100. I don't really wanna know how many HP i have. j/k Can't wait to see what you post CDMX
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by cdmx

Good luck cdmx, hopefully you can put the pulley on
Old 04-23-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough

That makes no sense. You said that the pulley didn't fit. Well does it?
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

I had no idea its supposed to be pressed on....and let me tell you this ****er realllly needs to be pressed on...i bet im using like 20-25lbs/tq just tightening it down.

stock tq specs to put it tighten it down is only 14lbs

And let me point out another thing, the pulley will not come off now....i had to trim more of the cover and tried to take the pulley off.....With all my force it will not come off...its staying for good soo i actually trimmed around it...that was hard.

But yea ill dyno tomorow. im all freakin dirty right now and shouldn't be typing....but i just wanted to tell you how hard it is to be pressed on and how its NOT coming off unless i damage it with a flat head screwdriver or something.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
so, everyones sure about those belt sizes? what are they again?
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
so how does it run cdmx? do you like it or to much of a hassle? did you also put the spacer on?
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

detroittosag has a little shameless behaviour in the past
u know u could just buy the AEM pullys instead of the DH ones from the start
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
the AEM pullies are for the accessories and give little to no gain that is why we went for this one cause it supposudly was where the real power would come from and everything
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Yea im def not adding my aem alternator pulley now.

Ok i finished 30 minutes ago, took one pic ill upload it later....WELL
being that its the exact same weight as the RVM pulley but because its much smaller and underdrives the A/C i noticed a slight improvement.

Thats better than none!! dyno tomorow!!! that is if they do it before 4pm cause i gotta work then...cross your fingers

Ill list my mods tomorow...(ill just start new thread)

It seems like im climbing speed faster but i really cant tell....but if your goin from stock to this pulley then you will notice a gooood difference.

Oh yea and i measured how much it had to be pressed on it was between 30-35lbs........................its not coming off

Last edited by cdmx; 04-23-2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member

so it does work it looks like great news hope i get the spacer soon maybe i should go buy the belts
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea im def not adding my aem alternator pulley now.

Ok i finished 30 minutes ago, took one pic ill upload it later....WELL
being that its the exact same weight as the RVM pulley but because its much smaller and underdrives the A/C i noticed a slight improvement.

Thats better than none!! dyno tomorow!!! that is if they do it before 4pm cause i gotta work then...cross your fingers

Ill list my mods tomorow...(ill just start new thread)

It seems like im climbing speed faster but i really cant tell....but if your goin from stock to this pulley then you will notice a gooood difference.

Oh yea and i measured how much it had to be pressed on it was between 30-35lbs........................its not coming off
very nice so it did fit after all??!?!?

one thing ppls have to remember, a intake cost more than this, and makes not much power either. So if this thing does make improvement for the power band, i think is worth it.

Last edited by Yoyoio; 04-23-2004 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

yea go buy the belts...i hope yours is easier than mine to install.

Oh one last thing, when i first started it up it idle'd funny

and then became really quiet, i could hear the different tone in the engine and exhaust because the alternator wasn't giving as much power.

I dont know about a system now....I think we should look into yellow top or red top batteries, you have have a mild system

Last edited by cdmx; 04-23-2004 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member

so what did you have to do to install it was teh stock one hard to get off? or did you just have to tap this on with a mallet like suggested?
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I hope you don't have to take yours off if something goes wrong. But it should last for a while. Does the A/C blow at all when at idle? The stock power system is not all that great. I have trouble with my small system because the alternator is just not enough. I can't imagine it being any more underpowered.

My main worry is how underdriving these accessories will affect their life and affect other car systems. I hope it works out for you.
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Well, on the ASP site....it says underdriving will increase accessory life. I don't think the stereo likes to operate outside it's optimal range, though. You may want to get a voltmeter to monitor what's going on with the charging system.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by runner1738
so what did you have to do to install it was teh stock one hard to get off? or did you just have to tap this on with a mallet like suggested?

No dont do that!!!!!!!!!

do not use a hammer thats a very bad idea (bad josh for suggesting that)

just place it on and i used my breaker bar and just made it straight and screw it till it started to catch....i then tightened it down with the breaker bar.

Oh yea you have to take apart the flywheel cover, its very easy...
There's two brackets, you will need 12mm socket for the smaller bolts and a 14mm socket for the big bolt(tranny brackets) then the flywheel cover is held on by two 10mm bolts.

after you take the cover off...it will come off with some moving around....you then get a Big philips head screwdriver and place it in the teeth of the flywheel.

See if you can hold it there till you can start to turn the pulley, the pulley will turn till the screwdriver gets held up by something. Now you can tighten the pulley down.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by gearbox
I hope you don't have to take yours off if something goes wrong. But it should last for a while. Does the A/C blow at all when at idle? The stock power system is not all that great. I have trouble with my small system because the alternator is just not enough. I can't imagine it being any more underpowered.

My main worry is how underdriving these accessories will affect their life and affect other car systems. I hope it works out for you.

To me it only seems logical that if im not using the alternator to its full potential why wouldn't it last longer....the only negatives i can think of is that if i drain my battery pretty bad then the car will be hard to start.

OH BTW the air seems cold to me....cold enough....im gonna go check the air at idle right now.

Hell we could always upgrade the alternator to a more powerfull one.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Allright:
(too bad i dont have my sub in right now)
I turned the radio up to full
Turned wipers up to full
Turned headlights on
Pushed break pedal
Turned on Interior lights
Put A/C to full blast

No dimming and the A/C feels as cold as it did, i mean its cold
it was not cold right i started it up but is it Ever? hah
After a few min of being on the air got cold...and felt as strong as before.

Im sure its not as cold as stock but I cant remember that far back.

The only bad think i have to report is that it sounds funny when i first start her up...idles high then slightly lower but after like 30-60seconds it smoothes out to normal. Idles to 600 after a few min
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

czechcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
What are the belt sizes again?
Old 04-23-2004
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
you installed the pulley with the spacer? seems like everything went okay with it. i'll try to throw mine back on there one more time. i'll do a diy too with pics and video. hopefully i can do it tomorrow or sunday cuz my friend has the compressor and air tools.
Old 04-24-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Hell yeah cdmx is dynoing his car today!
Old 04-24-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck.
Old 04-24-2004
Premium Member

Originally posted by czechcivic
What are the belt sizes again?

for the powersteering belt, go to any autozone and ask for the kelly-springfield #390k4.

for the alternator belt, go to any pepboys and ask for the dayco #350k6.
Old 04-24-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck everybody.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Dual-groove pulley INSTALLED!!!