Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

UPDATE: Dual-groove pulley INSTALLED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by DhRacingJosh
You all will have the spacers, and you can install it. How can some install it and others can't FutureRSXSwap did it in an hour, so ask him about it. He had no issues, and it made gobs of power. It's the Single Groove, but it is externallly designed the same.
Same reason why most Civics are reliable and then there are some that are lemons.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

mootlif3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Took them while I fixed my tire. It had a tack in it, grr. Anyways, there ya go. Installed on an 03 EX without any problems.
Old 04-20-2004

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
did you notice any power gains? whats your e-mail, i wouldnt mind talking to you more on msn about this
Old 04-20-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by gtracing
hey, there's a guy named BAC7213 on this board, he has a DH pulley installed....
I talk to Byron alot and he has the single groove pulley. He bought it b4 the dual groove GB.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
cool, thx for the pic. so it does fit. I also see the trimed cover
Old 04-20-2004
Banned

DhRacingJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
They are all the same, same pulley dimensions, same crank, same install. If you can't get it on then it's not the pulley.
Old 04-20-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
I just want to know the Cons to this. I heard some pretty bad things about aftermarket crank pulleys....Josh? Someone?
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

anotherlevel is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe it all comes down to auto or stick. I know gearbox has an auto and his didn't fit. motlif has a stick. There you have it, refunds to all auto owners. (even people with sticks, just keep it quiet)
Old 04-20-2004
TeLLy is my daddy

gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm still willing to try...
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
I tried to force mine on!!!!

how freakin hard does it need to be pressed on?!
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an auto aswell so I dont know. maybe
Old 04-20-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
You know how hard my installer tried to get this thing on? He used a large hammer to gently tap it into place, but even then it wouldn't go on at all. I guess it's like those plastic toys that you try and fit together as a kid. Only when you try to force it in, they break.

Well so much for Josh helping me out. Telling me the pulley is fine will not fix my problem. What happened to that great service? I was honestly going to consider the tb/im combo if the ported head works, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I spend close to $1000, and you argue with me saying the pulley fits fine when it obviously does not. I've been on here supporting you all over the forums and even in my town, telling people Josh is a cool guy. That's the thanks I get--nice. Well I guess it will always be a reminder on my desk. After all, that's life! I'm not gonna let this worry me.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
you know what you need to do JOSH....

TELL US HOW TO INSTALL THE THING....YOU LEFT SO MUCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2004
Banned

You simple look at where the pulley will go trim the cover so it will press into place, and cover the pulley with a towel or something so it doesn't get damaged and then tap it on evenly. Look we just did one with the identical pulley you all have and one was an 02 civic EX Auto, and the other was a DX Manual and they both went on in about 2 hours time, and had no issues. The pulley is all machined on the same program, so if your installer couldn't get it on and you weren't watching him then my guess is he gave up being he didn't think it would work, and didn't want to be at fault by messing it up. I have done it with my own hands, and there are two cars in Vegas now running around the streets with them on, so it does work. I give you every bit of service, but I am right and I know it works, so no matter what I will be called with poor service being you guys think your mechanics are right, and they are filling you full of shi*
Old 04-20-2004
Banned

Dh-Racing
Http://www.dh-racing.com
Performance Motors and Parts
For
Your Honda and Acura Needs
Lancaster, Ca

Materials Needed

· *Note* The Race Crank Pulley Uses No Key Way Find

· *Note* Keep Small Box To Store All Of Your Stock
Parts

Installation Of Dh-Racing Crank Pulley

· (Step 1) - Remove Timing Cover

· (Step 2) - Slightly Trim Timing Cover To Where Race
Crank Pulley Has Clearance To Rotate
Properly. Timing Cover Must Be Flat By
Removing Any Bumps In The Molding

· (Step 3) - The Pulley Will Press On With The
Tightening Of The Stock Crank Bolt

· (Step 4) - Torque The Crank Bolt To Stock Specs

Setting Your Timing Mark

· (Step 1) - Remove The Number 1 Spark Plug

· (Step 2) - Turn Crank Till Piston Is At Top.
(Dead Center)

· (Step 3) - Use Black Marker To Mark The Crank Pulley

· (Step 4) - Line Your Mark Up With The Timing
Indicator On The Stock Timing Cover
Old 04-21-2004
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
can i ask a question to you guy who are selling your pulleys. how are you selling them, when you think they dont work? I feel josh about some mencanics are lazy and wont put the hard effort to somthing they dont belive in. They dont want to be held responsible for anything to your car. It seems that there is more than a couple that got it on. I think a refund is maybe a little to much but what about credit from dh racing of whatever you'd pay...
Old 04-21-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I'm selling my pulley. I watched the guy try to install it. He said the instructions were pretty good, but it still didn't go on. Oh well.

Here is mine. Do you want it?

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=151034
Old 04-21-2004

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
i like all the sarcasm in your "for sale thread" gearbox! haha
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

APRboy is on a distinguished road
Josh, i'm still waiting on my spacer too, i hope i get it soon...i wanna put this thing on!
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by APRboy
Josh, i'm still waiting on my spacer too, i hope i get it soon...i wanna put this thing on!
no body has it yet. everyone is waiting for it.
Old 04-21-2004
Premium Member

Well it's down to three days now. If anyone doesn't have it by Friday, they get a refund--Josh's own words.
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by gearbox
Well it's down to three days now. If anyone doesn't have it by Friday, they get a refund--Josh's own words.
yupe
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

PicCoLoboi02 is on a distinguished road
so i guess no one is gonna ever dyno their DH racing products
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

obguam is an unknown quantity at this point
I once thought this thread was sad. Now its getting interesting again. Will the pulley press on and, if so, will it produce a noticeable gain of, say, 5-10 H.P.? After the spacers have finally arrived, I'm hoping the answer to both questions is AAAAAHHHHHH YYYEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!!! Good luck guys.
Old 04-21-2004
Banned

They are on the way for sure, watch and see...The pulley works. It's not my responsibility to refund anyone who hasn't tried to put it on because we know it works, and there is people on this forum and around me who will verify it. That's all I need.
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
All you need is to learn how to do business and how to be professional. Oh, learning to test parts before selling and shipping them would be nice too. LOL
Old 04-21-2004
Premium Member

JOSH--my pulley was tried by a pro and I sat there watching him the whole time. If it were me doing it, the same thing would have happened.

Answer my question--do I get a refund or not? Who's responsibility is it to see that I'm satisfied? The pulley WILL NOT go on my car.

I paid $185 for the pulley, another $80 for failed install attempt, and now I have a messed up timing cover. All I'm asking for is the refund on the pulley. The rest I can take as a loss. I'm trying my best to be nice about this, but you're making it very difficult.
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

anotherlevel is an unknown quantity at this point
I just think its funny how Josh seems to install these things everyday, yet he never takes any pictures of it. The BBB is working with my claim right now. They emailed me yesterday and they are trying to get ahold of DH to get my 115.00 back. By the way, if we watched someone try to put it on and it would not go, it is a shitty part. Not the tech doing it. How is a tech lazy when the part wont even fit watching with our own eyes?
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

one for the kid is an unknown quantity at this point
i got my spacer yesterday so you all should be getting yours as well.

josh, if i still wanted to get the pulley installed, is there anyway you could do it for me? i live in vegas as well...
Old 04-21-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
good news that the spacers are arriving now i can finally try it, but if the shop has to force it on and the angle or the pulley gets damagned like to the guy that started this thread something seems wrong with that , yet a few have installed it fine and i hope im one of those few

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Dual-groove pulley INSTALLED!!!