Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

UPDATE: Dual-groove pulley INSTALLED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DhRacingJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah Yeah Yeah, ok if you see someone on an infomercial saying "Now do it in only minutes" and you go yeah that's cool but knowing it will probably take you about 2 hours even though it saves you a lot of time. Go ahead and take everything I say literally. If you do that in life you will go so far, like sitting on a forum bashing someone because of something no one on here knows about...

Im simply saying anyone who knows what they are doing can get the pulley on with no problem. Genius all 2001-2003 Civics use the Identical Crank, and a CNC Lathe cuts all the items the same way so where do you get that some do and some dont work. Your approach is irrelevent because you say the same thing. PEOPLE ARE PISSED BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND CANT GET IT ON. FutureRSX did it himself in no time, and he had never done it before, so maybe you guys should be going to some credible shops, not a "Honda Tech" woopty doo Honda Techs don't know sh** half the time. I went into Honda installed a head they couldn't figure out in under an hour, and they offered me a lead Tech Position, so when you say Honda Tech I laugh hahaha
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, I'm just taking notes from the master (or cocky pric if you want to get technical about it).

Lets get this straight.....we shouldn't take your worlds literally because what you say isn't what you mean. When you say it takes 5 minutes you mean it takes the man who developed the pulley an hour, so it will take a novice a couple hours. WHen you say its dynoproven to give a D17 20whp you mean that if you were to take a guess, if you were to take a dyno of a civic with your pulley on it, it could have gains of about 20 whp. Are you kidding me once again?

Allright, lets not take his words literally folks. Next time he advertizes a new product he really means give me your money and I'll send you a piece of ****.

We shouldn't take what you say at face value because we will spend the rest of our lives sitting in a chair flaming you like I am.....taking part in a civilized debate will make us become lazy lumps of human waste.....okay. I think you're insane Josh. Do you think logically? I mean seriously....I think you need to see a shrink.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
When you post "easy to take on an off will install in five minutes" it implies that its an easy install...... everyone knows it wont take 5 mins but it implies its an easy install.

Not one person on here found anything easy about this install.

Now you responded to the amount of time it takes to install the pulley. How about you respond to this:

What about this statement "Expect to gain as much as 20 whp dyno proven"

Do you have anything to say to that? What good company that has been in business for a long time needs to mislead people into thinking that a pulley can actually add 20hp stock engine? and ADDING TO THAT saying its dyno proven???

You laugh at Honda Techs just like I laugh at you and everyone who is dumb enough to buy into your marketing ploy.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Ershall
Okay, I'm just taking notes from the master (or cocky pric if you want to get technical about it).

Lets get this straight.....we shouldn't take your worlds literally because what you say isn't what you mean. When you say it takes 5 minutes you mean it takes the man who developed the pulley an hour, so it will take a novice a couple hours. WHen you say its dynoproven to give a D17 20whp you mean that if you were to take a guess, if you were to take a dyno of a civic with your pulley on it, it could have gains of about 20 whp. Are you kidding me once again?

lol
Old 04-22-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
the only one that found it easy to install was mootlif3 "We couldn't get the OEM pulley off. He said it had no issues clearing the sensor or fitting and the only problem he had with the pulley was cutting the timing cover. Other than that it was a simple install for him, 20 mins max." and the only thing this pulley was dyno proven on was an integra type r with the single groove not dual like ours, the only thing is each engine responds to each product differntly and should be treated as such and not the same cause it isn t
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by DhRacingJosh
You will have the spacers.. I sent more out to a few who have emailed me asking about them...Also there is no way the pulley could be for a D16 being the shaft size of the crank on the D17 is the same as a B16 much bigger then the older SOHC motors.
did you send it out to EVERYONE in the GB, or just to people who asked for them?

EDIT: N/M, my bro just gave me some mail and the spacer was there.

Last edited by JayFReaZy; 04-22-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Lets start a list of the members that have the Pulley and put it on with little or no trouble and a list of the members that had trouble putting it on. Unless Dave Hickman will stick Josh's *** in the UPS box with the pulley, the fact that Josh can put it on in under an hour is irrelevent.

What matters is that a 5 minute install has turned into a 3 or 4 month ordeal in which like 2 pulleys have been able to be installed out of like 25. If the vast population of people who work on our cars daily cannot install your product then it sure as f*ck isn't an easy install. You, DH, and your defense are bullshit. Give the rest of them a refund like they all diserve.

As many times as you can remind me how many times you set a world record is as many times as I will tell you that the record and your business practices are two independent things....the record while impressive is irrelevent....your business practices are pathetic.

As many times as you express how you think you are better than we are will be as many times as I tell you that you are nothing....without the customers your business is nothing and without a supply demand doesn't mean ****.

Open up your eyes and realize that we won't take being f*cked over laying down.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Also taken from DHRacing.com from the pulley page.

"This Is The Most Powerful Pulley On The Market Used By The Quickest and Fastest Unibody Honda In The World And Also The All Motor Champion Bisi Ezerioha (10.06 @ 135.1 MPH). Bisi Gave Special Thanks To Dave Hickman Racing In Numerous Magazine Articles"

Would You Really Want People Who Feel Its Necessary To Type Like This To Sell You Motor Parts?

edit**

BTW, this is just as relevent to this thread as the answers Josh gives to ershall.

Last edited by HustleLikeM0FO; 04-22-2004 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

"Dave Hickman Racing was founded in 1994 with the idea to serve the import performance crowd with quality performance parts that can be used on both the daily driver and the full blown race car.

Since we first started business we have become aware of the needs of the import enthusiast and are continually exploring new ideas for new found power. We strive to meet the expectations of our customers and will do anything to make sure that you are satisfied.

We at DHRacing appreciate any suggestions you may have about the import performance world or our products. We thank you for taking the time to accept us a means of meeting your performance needs.

Thank you,
DHRacing"

I don't know about anyone else, but does ANYBODY see their business modo reflected in the way they treat their customers? I know that they make sure that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the pulley buying customers were 100% satisfied. Way to go Josh, your website is filled with lies.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Way to go Josh, your website is filled with lies.
Not lies but rather nonfactual, exaggerated and misleading statements*
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

That's right, don't take what I say for face value....try and imagine what I really meant by saying the word "lies."
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

I wonder if Josh will reply to that thing I posted about the the pulley being dyno proven for our cars?

Or is he just gonna come at me saying the have the fastest b16 in the world... they been in business for 15 years and he is "confident" that the pulley works et al.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

All I know is that Dave Hickman Racing is so incredibly prestigious that we should pay him $50, no wait, no, $30! to put his sticker on our 'Vics.

Case in point - http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ht=sponsorship
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Mirage is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by HustleLikeM0FO
Or is he just gonna come at me saying the have the fastest b16 in the world... they been in business for 15 years and he is "confident" that the pulley works et al.
Don't forget the ever popular "we're the only ones who care enough about you to make stuff for your car"
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
My spacer finally came in...

Well for all of you waiting for the spacer here it is. I was suprised how small it was when I got it today, but I hope I have no problems, I do have faith in Josh and Dave...

Keep the hard work on your part Josh!
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

I got this from the DH sponsorship thread...... kinda ironic if you think about it as of now eh

From page 6

I think I have done more then try and prove myself here. Everyone will see when the pulleys ship next week. I got Melissas ported head probably going out tomorrow, and other will be coming soon enough. This whole site is going to be one big fast family ripping up the streets.
Old 04-22-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It's really too bad about this. If nothing else, at least some people are more educated about pulleys now. I have alot of people to say sorry to, and not just members of this forum. I mislead everyone about DH.

Josh, it's obvious that you're not welcome anymore. I have a feeling that suspended will be changed to banned very soon anyway. You've certainly violated more than a few vendor rules. I'm asking you again for a refund--you should seriously think this through. Even Catalyst is not supporting you anymore, and Eddie from Truehonda is next. Good luck finding anymore customers here--you're finished.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Re: My spacer finally came in...

Originally posted by Crackhead79
Well for all of you waiting for the spacer here it is. I was suprised how small it was when I got it today, but I hope I have no problems, I do have faith in Josh and Dave...
Keep the hard work on your part Josh!
Well, my friend, you're one of the few.....good luck with that faith, you've been warned.
Old 04-22-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Apparently he must not know what Dave thinks about our site.
Old 04-22-2004
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
I've been following this thread since day one and have opted to stay out of it as I never purchased the pulley in question. As an outside voice of reason I can see how both sides are upset. However, I must now just voice my own opionion about the following quote. Please note, in now way am I supported DH or even any of the 7thgen members on this site.

You should have had Dyno charts with a stock civic and you should have had a comparison dyno chart of a stock civic with the pulley. You should have a detailed DIY on how to install the pulley.
Ershall you sound very upset, however I must play the devil's advocate now with you, if you will...

How could you have purchased an item is suppose to yield 20whp without first seeing a proven dyno chart? Why did you lay down your hardearned money for something that isn't proven yet? No member feedback at all for that matter. Why would you purchase an item without a detailed DIY available from the vendor?

I realize most of you will be upset with me about posting this, but they're just simple questions.

And one for Josh too. A fellow member posted a quote from your site about a "proven dyno chart". Can you post one up to resolve this issue. Perhaps this would be a good first step to show faith in your product. Having state/world records are great and you should be proud, however you without a dyno chart it looks like DH-Racing has something to hide. With 20 "proven" whp with just a pulley, the question I ask you now...why are you NOT posting this up!!! No other company can testify to this claim. It would just be another great accomplishment to the world records you're making. Am I right?

Guys, I just wanted to give an outside opionion of what has been going on. I would recommend the following to help resolve this issue:

1. Put up that "proven" 20 whp dyno chart ...immediately to save face.
2. Create a detail DIY with pictures. Even if its on a D17 that is not in the car. Pictures are worth a thousand words.
3. 7thgeners...for those that attempted to put on the pulley but failed, perhaps take some accurate measurements of the pulley and where you're installing it into. This will resolve the issue of people having different size pulleys.

Well, I guess thats all for now. Again I'm not on anyones side, just a voice of reason.
Xian
Old 04-22-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
I got the spacer today. I'll put this bish on this weekend...
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Gotti
I got the spacer today. I'll put this bish on this weekend...
Just cuz I liek you

expect a 20 hp increase from the 5 minute install just liek the web site claims
Old 04-22-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
^ bwahahahahahaha. I know i'll be swearing and breaking things for at least 5 hours. But im sick of the damned thing rolling around in my backseat on the floor and ****. So yeah, im just gonna install it.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

good luck.
Old 04-22-2004
Banned

DhRacingJosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome here, never bothered me if I was. Yeah about the gains on the pulley is says AS MUCH AS, and on top of that it's listed with all the other pulley on the site, and the Type-R is proven 20 wheel HP.

Have fun on here, this forum isn't doing anyone any good. The real unthusiasts who know about racing and what comes with it will stick around, not the kids who sit and bitch about nothing because they don't have the money to make real power, or on top of that can't turn a bolt themselves, if you want to race be prepared for what comes with it, don't give up over nothing and expect a refund because you believe everything your told. Post all you want Im not coming on here anymore, so I wont see it, PM ME for thos whose want good parts, everyone else have fun bitching at everyone who HAS fast cars. I'll sit back doing what I love and picking whether I want to run my 13 second CRX or my 11 second turbo B16. What a joke
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Wow, you criticized us and bragged about your personal life more....congradulations Josh..you just presented a concrete defense....You really have a complex. Anything or anyone that rejects you is wrong and you are better. You should seek serious psychological help, this isn't health son.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

You act like an immature two your old with your "FINE! I didn't want to make money off of you potential customers anyway!!" attitude.

Grow up.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
I do understand-

Originally posted by gearbox
Apparently he must not know what Dave thinks about our site.
I do know how Dave feels but he doesn't know us personally and I'm sure everyone has pushed him hard, and bugged both Josh and him pretty good. I'm sure it was said in the moment- eitherway, don't flame, if it doesn't work then it happens, I'll just talk to Josh and work something out. For all of you with the bad PnP heads and blocks, I know if it happened to me I would be pissed, but it hasn't, and there are mistakes. I'm sorry it happened to you. I really wish I could get that money back for you, but I can't, and Dave has said no, which I don't agree with but...**** does happen.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Welcome here, never bothered me if I was. Yeah about the gains on the pulley is says AS MUCH AS, and on top of that it's listed with all the other pulley on the site, and the Type-R is proven 20 wheel HP.

Have fun on here, this forum isn't doing anyone any good. The real unthusiasts who know about racing and what comes with it will stick around, not the kids who sit and bitch about nothing because they don't have the money to make real power, or on top of that can't turn a bolt themselves, if you want to race be prepared for what comes with it, don't give up over nothing and expect a refund because you believe everything your told. Post all you want Im not coming on here anymore, so I wont see it, PM ME for thos whose want good parts, everyone else have fun bitching at everyone who HAS fast cars. I'll sit back doing what I love and picking whether I want to run my 13 second CRX or my 11 second turbo B16. What a joke
Once again this is copied and pasted from dh-racing.com

"NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL D17 HONDA MOTORS

These pulleys are for the racer that wants an edge over his competition. They are big power gainers and are easy to take on an off will install in five minutes anyone can do it. Expect to gain as much as 20 whp dyno proven.
"

Now, the heading says "NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL D17 HONDA MOTORS"...... no?

Then the claim of 20 hp is right under that heading!

Am I on crack or is that not even a little bit misleading?!?!?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[QUOTE]Post all you want Im not coming on here anymore

boo fvcking hoo.............. thats real good espeically seeing how you avoided answering almost every single question gearbox asked you about his problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this pulley does fvck up engines I'm sure DHRacing will be more than willing to help you out
Old 04-22-2004
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
Josh, thank you for correcting me on the "AS MUCH AS" and your response.

Ershall, care to comment on what I wrote? Please be civil is all I ask.

* Maybe I should become a moderator if I can get this resolved...

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Dual-groove pulley INSTALLED!!!