Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

UPDATE: Dual-groove pulley INSTALLED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by xian
Josh, thank you for correcting me on the "AS MUCH AS" and your response.

Ershall, care to comment on what I wrote? Please be civil is all I ask.

* Maybe I should become a moderator if I can get this resolved...
I dont think Ershall bought the pulley? From the get go he has been saying that he seen DHRacing work and its **** so I dont think he would buy anything from them
Old 04-22-2004
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
I've been thinking about this "AS MUCH AS"...even if the pulley yields 1 whp, it works! The stated 20 whp is the best case scenario.

So, if it yields at least 1 whp then I don't see why people are upset. However I realize people are infact upset because they can't get it attached.

FAVOR: Can someone that attempted and failed on installed the pulley please take some accurate measurements.
Old 04-22-2004
Honda > Nissan

xian is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by HustleLikeM0FO
I dont think Ershall bought the pulley? From the get go he has been saying that he seen DHRacing work and its **** so I dont think he would buy anything from them
Thank for you clairying that for me.

Btw, "HustleLikeM0FO" is a cool handle name!
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Ershall is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I do understand-

Originally posted by Crackhead79
I do know how Dave feels but he doesn't know us personally and I'm sure everyone has pushed him hard, and bugged both Josh and him pretty good. I'm sure it was said in the moment- eitherway, don't flame, if it doesn't work then it happens, I'll just talk to Josh and work something out. For all of you with the bad PnP heads and blocks, I know if it happened to me I would be pissed, but it hasn't, and there are mistakes. I'm sorry it happened to you. I really wish I could get that money back for you, but I can't, and Dave has said no, which I don't agree with but...**** does happen.
Quote from Dave Hickman: "F*ck 7thgen".

That's right crackhead.....that means Dave Hickaman pretty much said through extension f*ck you....get it? This is NOT how you treat customers....and when you f*ck customers over, they don't come at you nicely...especially when you make them go through so much **** to get the refund that they diserve.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: I do understand-

Originally posted by Ershall
Quote from Dave Hickman: "F*ck 7thgen".
With how technical Josh gets and the fact that we shouldnt take him so literally maybe "fvck 7thgen" meant something like "fvck 7thgen toyota corollas" or "fvck 7thgen birthdays" or "fvck 7thgeniva conventions" and so on.

You cant prove that he was refering to this site
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear you Ershall, but I still want to see how the Tb I'm expecting from Josh looks, then I'll say something
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

ahhhhhhh, I understand, you don't want to have them f*ck your TB up seeing as how they allready have your money....alterior motives....I can understand where you're coming from.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

not really, just that he hasn't messed me over yet so I'm not hating-
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

what makes you think you're not next?
Old 04-22-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Well I'm proud of myself. I guess I did make things interesting, and Josh couldn't take it. Now he runs away--I guess all the textbook FACTS scared him off. It's about time he finally realizes the problem here.

And it's obvious from your last post that you don't care about anyone here. Your attitude is a disgrace.

Well now that Josh is gone, might as well lock this thead up--done and done.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

I think he should be banned. Gearbox can you start a pole so we can all vote?
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
OMG - who changed his title, "suspended vendor" Hahahahaha
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

A bit of comedy for all of us:

Originally posted by DhRacingJosh
Come on guys. I haven't tucked my tail and run, mistakes have been made but I will simply say this....

No matter what happens we aren't going to give up on this forum, it's not going to end till everything is perfect and made up for. I came on here to make you guys happy with having every resource you need for power, and I am going to stick with it until that happens.
and another

This is what goes along with being a performance company. Stuff happens, those who stick around work through it those who run aren't cut out for it.
Thank you sir, may I have another?

By the way man. My customer service WILL SMOKE anyone, and I wil put that to the test. No matter what happens I am there to answer on it, I take phone calls, emails, and orders, I do whatever it takes, just the parts that's beyond that which takes time.

I answer 200+ emails a day, and probably 50-100 phone calls, and still have time to do heads, and everything. Also notice these companies you speak of have large numbers of employees. Me and Dave are the only part of this company and we handle it pretty well I must say. Notice we sell things for the S2000, K20, B-Series, D17, D16's, Accords, Tegs, CL, TL, Supra's, WRX, SR20, Ect....We sell to the whole entire world. No company does what we do, so we walk the walk pretty well. Consider I am on over 50 forums daily
and again

You will see man I have said it time and time again. Things happen, and you claim to be some perfect person. We made a mistake I owned up to it SO SHUT UP....Get off my *** and wait till the next thing. We have some proving to do, who cares. You bitch and moan bitch and moan, shut your mouth and let us get on with what needs to be done.
Allright Josh, get things done

Originally posted by opto_isolator
Hoooo my....DH's customer service just went down the ?
Couldn't have said it better myself....could there be more?

Dude you know what I sit here and listen to your mouth time and time again, and you are entitled to your oppinion but let me just say this. Your time is coming. Soon there will be dyno's all over the place from our work on this forum, people ranting and raving about it and then you will not have much to say because you can't fight off the whole forum. We have our haters, and we have people that will never be happy with us, and I accept that.

And don't ever think you will shut me up, simply just not going to happen.
hmmmmm, I think I shut him up....one more time..this one is the best....remember him just saying that he didn't care about ud D17's anyway? well.....anyone remember him saying this?

Hey man believe me I thought Dave was going to take care of Prod but then I hear he said he wasn't and I didnt even know Dave had talked to him, hence the whole problem with us working on the new house. I love 7thGen which is why I spend so much time on here, you guys have been the most supportive and responsive and this is why you see me fighting hard to hold on to you guys. We do fine with the B and D series stuff, but the new era is what I am after (Our S2000, D17, and the RSX S I just got for my girl)
We're the "new era", and he is "fighting hard to hold onto you [us] guys" but yet he doesn't care....weird eh?

EDIT: How could I forget?! This post is not complete without the following quote from our friend Josh at DHRacing:

Have fun on here, this forum isn't doing anyone any good.

Post all you want Im not coming on here anymore

Last edited by Ershall; 04-22-2004 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ershall, you made my night. I'm laughing so hard. Actually Prod started a Ban DH thread. Lemme go find it...

can't find it, so I'm making my own.

Last edited by gearbox; 04-22-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

yeah..that one ended abruptly....

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...light=prod+ban

EDIT: it didn't have a poll in it.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Ershall, you left ou thte most importent quote from Josh

Post all you want Im not coming on here anymore
Old 04-22-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
i hate to ask this but hasnt this whole thing gone on long enough? dont you people have lives or other things to do? ok they sent some poeple bad parts they made up for some of it and not of it yet, some may by there stuff but the majority wont , weve all learned a lot so leave it at rest, if you want to try and get your money back or something do it somewhere else rather then this thread go to the BBB go anywhere else just do something about it and stop complaining
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

-

Originally posted by Ershall
what makes you think you're not next?
Well- I'll find out this weekend, I'm praying too though but, I just hope it wasn't something un avoidable like the crank diameter being larger from the 02 -o3 just like the from strut bolt going from 15mm to 16mm. I could very well be next, that IS my luck in life, but I will have to find that out, I made that decision like many others to buy it and I waited for the spacer so now I'll try, I really hope I'm not a victim, I have been anyhow most of my life- lol.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by runner1738
i hate to ask this but hasnt this whole thing gone on long enough? dont you people have lives or other things to do? ok they sent some poeple bad parts they made up for some of it and not of it yet, some may by there stuff but the majority wont , weve all learned a lot so leave it at rest, if you want to try and get your money back or something do it somewhere else rather then this thread go to the BBB go anywhere else just do something about it and stop complaining
I agree though- if stuff doesn't work for you just report it or sue if you must but there is no need to bitch-her comes the flames, but ok-
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

yeah, I hope that's not the case, it seems like DH would rather be banned then refund the unhappy members and retain our future business...oh well, good luck crackhead.
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

hope so, thanks-
Old 04-22-2004
Premium Member

You're right. This has gone on long enough. Let's put a stop to it.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=151344
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by runner1738
We are all entitled to our opinions....I have time to waste making my points against DH because I get paid to do mostly nothing and I read on this forum in my free time.

I won't rest until DH is banned from this site like they should be for treating us the way they have....
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
**** if he is leaving we all need to organize we need to get a class action suit together for te people who were stuck witht he pulley. At this point it isnt about the money... well yes it is but we need to take revenge and put a stop to DH.
Old 04-22-2004

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
yes...this thread has been very interesting...but since josh has decided that 7thgen isn't important lease: ...and the fact that a majority of us are pissed off at dh-racing...i think its a good time to end this...we all learned out lessons and hopefully in the future there WILL be honest vendors who put their time and effort towards our 7thgens (i.e. Rob from tornactive, Dezod, etc.)...as of now we just have to be wary (well always be wary) of who we buy from...that's the biggest lesson i've learned out of all this...
Old 04-23-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by SLeePeRCIVICHopeful
yes...this thread has been very interesting...but since josh has decided that 7thgen isn't important lease: ...and the fact that a majority of us are pissed off at dh-racing...i think its a good time to end this...we all learned out lessons and hopefully in the future there WILL be honest vendors who put their time and effort towards our 7thgens (i.e. Rob from tornactive, Dezod, etc.)...as of now we just have to be wary (well always be wary) of who we buy from...that's the biggest lesson i've learned out of all this...
The only problem with most venders is they sell other peoples products. Case in point: SF and Truehonda Group Buy. The vender is useless if he cant get us parts. We need companies and speedshops who will start fabricating and developing new stuff for us. That is what Dh tried to do. They made a mistake by rushing everyone their pulleys untested. No one wanted to wait for tests to be done. They jumped on a group buy thinking a miracle 30hp would come out of a little pulley.. A pulley is not going to turn your daily driver into a Si killer.

I do not feel sorry for anyone on this. DH or the buyers, You knew this was an untested product. There were no dynos and no members who tested it. You knew this and now everyone is crying. If you were woried about it you should have waited and not jumped on the bandwagon.

Last edited by guns; 04-23-2004 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2004
Skyline R33

Old 04-23-2004
Skyline R33

Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

APRboy is on a distinguished road
I just want my spacer so i can get this thing on....Is mine coming Josh? You said everyone would get theirs by friday i believe...
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
another point of view is we've been really tough on DH, AND KMS

that would be sending away two bussiness that make aftermarket parts for our cars.

After seeing that ^^ how likely is another business going to try and fullfill our needs

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Dual-groove pulley INSTALLED!!!