loose headlight bulb - Honda Civic Forum

HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2015   #1  
Registered!!

terry_tr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
loose headlight bulb

I just got my first honda, a 2010 civic and the PO had a Xentec HID setup in the low beams, one of which doesn't always turn on. I started to go back to standard 9006 bulbs but found that the first bulb i replaced(drivers side) is loose in the headlight mounting socket and can wiggle around. Is there supposed to be a foam gasket or something to take up the slop, or is there a way to tighten up the mounting tabs?
I am on a tight time schedule to do this and would like to not have to pull out the whole headlight if at all possible.
terry_tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015   #2  
Registered!!

terry_tr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: loose headlight bulb

duh.... never mind. once i quit trying to cheat and pulled the battery so i could really get to the socket it was obvious i hadn't seated the bulb completely....
got to stop working on stuf after midnight
terry_tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015   #3  
Modtarded!

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: loose headlight bulb

Sometimes the mood just hits you!
Poopies is offline   Reply With Quote