HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

98 Civic HID and Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marawda is an unknown quantity at this point
98 Civic HID and Electrical Problem

Hey guys, i seem to be having two problems....
1. I have a bi-xenon HID conversion kit and my headlights seem to be flickering... then one ballasty went bad and i changed it, and yet still there was still flickering... now the bulb that was associated with that bad/replaced ballast has blown... any ideas?

2. i was driving on the highway one lonely night and all of a sudden my car, for all intents and purposes, had a power surge.. let me expound, the lights, radio, my radar detector and interior lights turned off and i felt the car engine die down and then everything turned back on and all was well.... all of this took about a second or less... any ideas?

thanks in advance
Old 04-16-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 98 Civic HID and Electrical Problem

may want to check the alternator voltage. if its too high or too low, it can cause those cheap ballasts to fail. check battery too and all the ground and power wires on the alternator. could be a loose wire or could be the alt going bad. any auto store can check it free.
Old 04-20-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

do you have a relay harness?
Old 04-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickrolando is an unknown quantity at this point

You need a relay harness. I sell and install HID's in my town. when this is the issue you need a relay harness.