HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

hid problem

Old 05-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98dx is an unknown quantity at this point
hid problem

So I gott 10k hids I've had them for a lil over a year now..wen I turn my lights on one of my bulbs starts out purple and then eventually turn to the white/blueish color they are supposed to b..is that bulbb dying on me? Already?
Old 05-02-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hid problem

all hid bulbs start at different colors before settling down after about a minute. its normal warmup. oem bulbs start blue and then turn yellowish white after warmup period. that being said, most aftermarket bulbs have a very low lifespan and age much faster than oem. usually a year is all i would expect out of em. but if the bulbs settle at the right color after a minute and are bright enough, i wouldnt worry for now.
Old 05-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott96EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hid problem

Originally Posted by 98dx
So I gott 10k hids I've had them for a lil over a year now..wen I turn my lights on one of my bulbs starts out purple and then eventually turn to the white/blueish color they are supposed to b..is that bulbb dying on me? Already?
yes it means its gunna go out soon, they are kinda un predictable on when they will cuz mine did a greenish glow and has a bit of flicker before they were warmed and they went out. they did that for about a month then the driver side died on me so i just bought all new bulbs n ballasts.( didnt need new ballasts but i wanted 8k H/L instead of 6k L. :P)