Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DANNY213 is an unknown quantity at this point
suspension help

my '95 civic is slightly higher on one side and the rear is slightly higher than the front....how can I get both sides and front/rear to be all equally level?
on top of that....my tires still rub my fender, even after getting the fender rolled,it started denting my fender and chipping the paint off.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LAfitness_parking14.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	78281   Click image for larger version

Name:	LAfitness_parking7.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	78282  
Old 05-03-2010
Registered!!

LVSL3PR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: suspension help

if you have coilovers then adjust them accordingly. If not you need to understand that if you have the same spring rates all around then that is normal after the seating and break in. The motor is heavy, thus front end droop. Driver side prolly sits lower cuz you weigh 100+ lbs, and that compresses those springs more. Unless you are running stupid wide or tall wheels, you shouldn't rub at all, especially with GOOD fender rolling.
Old 05-03-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah the weight of the car is not perfectly centered from right to left. if youre rubbing, wheels are too big or you lowered too much, or both.
Old 05-04-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

what suspension mods do you have for starters?
Old 05-16-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

OK, Danny, I will post for you here:

Originally Posted by DANNY213
I have skunk2 sport shocks....blox competition lowering springs and 17' sparco rally rims(off set 43) with 205/40 tires
Old 05-16-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

And you could install adjustable sleeves to compensate for the springs - you are too low.
And wheels could need more off-set, but i am not sure.
Old 05-16-2010
Registered!!

so do you recommend getting some coilovers?
Old 05-16-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

so do you recommend getting some coilovers?
you will be able to find some sleeves that slides over your socks that have threads in them that allows you to adjust ride height. You will need a good racing alignment shop to wieght corner them if you bothers for performance.
And yes, they are commonly and erroneously referred as coilovers, gramatically speaking, but that's not the issue here.
Check some of the links in the bottom of this thread
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...oil-overs.html

Last edited by sdaidoji; 05-16-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-18-2010
Registered!!

if i get the skunk2 adjustable coilovers...do i install them with the current springs i have now? or do do i replace the springs with the adjustable coilovers?
Old 05-18-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

if i get the skunk2 adjustable coilovers...do i install them with the current springs i have now? or do do i replace the springs with the adjustable coilovers?
call skunk2 and ask if they sell just the sleeves... or find some in the e-bay. if not you will need to buy the set and them is your choice in case they fit or not in the sleeves. I you going to get a set of new ones, search around for the best for you, no need to be skunk2...
Old 05-23-2010
Registered!!

thanks mang...you have been extremely helpful