I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

electrical gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markos is an unknown quantity at this point
electrical gremlins

Hi I have a 91 civic hatch back and I am ready to drive it off a cliff, set it on fire, and then blow it up. Anyways so I have an intermittent problem the car dies usually when i've had the heat on for a while or when it gets hot inside the car, and usually happens when i've had the hazards on, it sputters then runs fine then dies, crank it runs then dies, crank it runs then dies, crank and then really doesn't start, roll down the windows let it sit for 30 mins starts and runs fine ahhhhhhhh! so a few months ago I discovered I was only getting 3volts to the ignition switch so I replaced it and the car has been running fine until today, and so the process continues. also I currently have ms1 running on fuel only so that makes me feel pretty certain its not fuel related and I replaced the alternator recently aswell. Anyways any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 02-07-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: electrical gremlins

, roll down the windows let it sit for 30 mins starts and runs fine ahhhhhhhh!
This sounds like a typical PGMFI main relay failing (usually cracked solder joints)
Old 02-08-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: electrical gremlins

I have replaced that a few years ago its possible, but I don't that it would break so soon. i'm more leaning toward something related to the ELD at this point because I had weak spark and I have an msd!! also I do spend most of my time driving at night at idle, accelarating and decelarating because of city driving, and when the charging system is at full load the battery drops to 11v sometimes.