Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Newbie here looking for some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
harborboyy360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Newbie here looking for some advice.

I have a 94 civic eg. With a rebuilt b16a2 head.
I am searching for what bottom to use.
I am not having it rebuilt I have ordering speed factory head gasket, I have are stud bolts already for it. I am leaving the stock internals.
I am daily driving this.
I don't RARELY even Rev my cars. So there will be none of that NOR will i ever be turboing it.
what is suggested for bottom end.
It is a DAILY not a track car not a see how I can Rev limiter it.

I KNOW already vtec head revs much higher than b18 and b20 bottom. I know the b20 bottom can't hit that high. I get it.
But read what I first said again. Neither of my cars have ever seen a full even 6k Rev. It won't happen cause I'd rather not have to replace it.
Adivxe on what to use please would be greatly appreciated.
The replies I get from this on other forums is ridiculous they base they reply off turboing or forums that, yes I bet I've already seen. This is ongoing a month so I could use some insight. please and thank you..
Old 11-06-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Newbie here looking for some advice.

if you don't rev the car, go for liters
bigger engines have more lower RPM torque and is easier to drive lightly
not sure if you can find B20's lately
Old 11-06-2022
Click Here

Received 1,157 Likes on 904 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Ideally, a B16 block. They'll all work, but that's what was designed to go with it without further modification.

Has this been run on a B-series before? Does it have the trans/wiring harness/ECU/mounts?
Old 11-06-2022
Registered!!

I have a b series trans that's rebuilt fully with differential put in. It was on a b18b1 block that when we pulled it apart had bearing shavings EVERYWHERE and the block had a Crack so we rid of it and I got my b16a2 head rebuilt with speedfactory parts.
I can find multiple b18b1s and b20bs NO problem or can just get a fresh css with their internals. Im just tryna figure out what wiuld be a better more reliable daily. Ive been told to not get a b16 block due to them being underpowered and weak. Besides i have a buncha **** thats b18 b20 already then we went to do the head gasket and long behold the glitter...
Old 11-06-2022
Registered!!

I already have the harness and ecu I believe p28 that came with the car and it was tuned and two step tuned which I personally find ignorant. But I have hasport mounts and a bunch other ****. Just no shortblock to slap the b16a2 head I have that's rebuild on. I have a speedfactory headgasket for b18 b20 so I'm not tryna get a b16 due to them being hard to find I've been looking cause an irl suggested it but can't find one unless I go css at humble performance with their 700whp rated internals which I'm leaning on doing just to know it's brand new.
Old 11-06-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

again, go for engine size - they are better behaved in lower RPM's
consider a K24 out an accord
Old 11-06-2022
Click Here

FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Just to make it cheap and easy, find a B18 block and call it a day. Not sure who told you the B16 blocks were weak, though... they aren't.
Old 11-06-2022
Registered!!

I do have a k20a2 from jdm Florida but that's going into something else.

I'm gonna have humble just build be a b18b block and toss the vtec head on that. Yeah the other forum honda tech i think buncha ppl told me going full b16 NA for daily aint worth it. Ill have stage 2 skunk cams or maybe brian crower and skunk 2 cam gears. The rest throttle and intake is skunk2 as well.
appreciate the advice.. gotta say been much more on the subject over the other forum for sure
Old 11-06-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

?huh, what you say you want and what you allegedly have does not match... Are you sure you just want a daily that does not rev?!?

you are not making sense
Old 11-06-2022
Click Here

Yeah, this seems a bit overkill for something that won't be driven hard. You might as well just throw another junkyard b-series in it if you have everything else.