Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

i need someone that knows what about camber

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011
turbo_coupe_EJ1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo_coupe_EJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i need someone that knows what about camber

i have a 94 civic ex and i need to know if the camber on the front can be fixed with just a simple front end alignment or do i need to buy the camber kit
Old 06-26-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: i need someone that knows what about camber

You're gonna have to get a camber kit.

I'm assuming you've just lowered your car, yes? Or at least planning on lowering in the near future?
Old 06-26-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on if its lowered or not. If the car is lowered its probably beyond the stock adjustment capability for camber adjustment. If it's not lowered they can usually adjust it so the alignment is correct. The front camber kit is pretty cheap.

Damn Josh we wrote at the same time but you beat me!
Old 06-26-2011
turbo_coupe_EJ1

the car isnt lowered neither do i plan on lowering it
Old 06-26-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

They should be able to adjust your camber back to spec but the camber shouldn't be out... Is something broken or worn?
Old 06-26-2011
turbo_coupe_EJ1

well it need a bushing kit on the front end would that cause it then
Old 06-26-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Fix your bushings before you get an alignment done. Then ask the alignment shop if they can fix your camber without a kit if it's still out. sdaidoji (Sandro) is the guy on here that probably knows the most about suspension he would be able to answer your question for sure. If you have a stock front end you shouldn't need a camber kit however.
Old 06-26-2011
turbo_coupe_EJ1

ok thanks
Old 06-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Tbohar is right.
If everything is in good shape, they should be able to adjust - the adjustment is just done by moving the knuckle bolts inside the holes in the knuckle - not a lot, but if nothing is damaged, it should be possible.
if not, time to find out what is bent or bending to cause excessive camber (bushings shot means they will squish under pressure and give the excess camber)
Old 06-26-2011
turbo_coupe_EJ1

ok thanks