Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Just wont move !!!! NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99exblack is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wont move !!!! NEED HELP

So im to pretty mechanical person do the majoraity of all my fixes at home. But this one has me baffled and I had to walk away before I started throwing tools and using more 4 letter words then normal.
for starters the xar is a 99 honda civic ex coupe , heres the issue backed up in my driveway put the car in drive pulled forward about 150 foot then with no warning of an sort lost all throttle response in any gear. Car still runs and idles fine just no gears. The car goes into all gears smoothly and has not been shifting hard or had any trans issues fluid levels are all good !?!?!

Any ideas here becausr i have read and looked and talked to all kinds of mechanics and so called mechanics and it has got me nowhere.
Old 06-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Just wont move !!!! NEED HELP

No throttle response or engine revs when you push on the gas but no movement?

No throttle response would likely be a snapped throttle cable, no movement would hopefully be failed transmisssion selenoid
Old 06-12-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,124 Likes on 939 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Just wont move !!!! NEED HELP

Throttle cable might have popped off the cam/snapped.
Shift cable might have snapped, popped off the linkage
Get under the hood and under the car and start looking around