Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Bogging during acceleration...

Old 08-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FakeTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Bogging during acceleration...

Alright guys so my shitbox has started bogging every once in a while, I sometimes lose power during acceleration if I keep a steady throttle. Keep in mind it only happens every once in a while, maybe once during a 20 minute drive or twice during a 2 hour drive, it bogs for about a minute unless I floor it and then it seems to stop after that. My engine light is on for a cat efficiency problem and I noticed a crack right down the centre of my exhaust manifold. I recently changed my fuel filter, oil, and I put some of that seafoam **** into my oil and directly into my air intake to maybe clear out my exhaust. Is there any other possible reason to the problem other than my exhaust manifold/cat converter? Anyone else have the same problem before?
Old 08-30-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bogging during acceleration...

Well, if there is a crack in the exhaust manifold, that could be causing the O2 sensors to be reading incorrectly which could lead to fuel issues which could lead to bogging. Is the cat code the only one you are getting?
Old 08-30-2016
Registered!!

The last time I checked for codes was a few months ago, before I took the heat shield and noticed the crack, I'll have to check again to see if there's more codes, I messaged a guy on Facebook who's got an exhaust manifold he'll sell for $40 so I'm thinking I'll just replace it and see what happens
Old 08-30-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Probably a good bet, especially if the mani and the cat are separate units.
Old 08-30-2016
Registered!!

The manifold and cat is one piece, kind of a pain in the *** but what can you do lol