Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Question about main relay 98 dx

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Question about main relay 98 dx

Long story short I have a dx coupe swapped b16. p28 ecu. Recently the car has been randomly stalling out and wont restart until i wiggle around the ecu wires

one thing i noticed when i wiggle around the wires or ecu the main relay clicks. i can make it click infinitly as long as im wiggling the wires, which i dont THINK is normal

is it? if not, is it safe to say i have a cut//messed up wire somewhere between the ecu and main relay?

if it is normal then...anyone have a suggestion as to why my car has been intermittently stalling? i have managed to make it stall by shaking around ecu wires and at the same time, able to make it start when it just turns over by playing with the ecu wires
Old 06-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Question about main relay 98 dx

Yeah, it shouldn't be doing that. You have an open somewhere. Check the harness really good, especially where it goes thru the firewall and the wires going into the ECM/PCM connectors.
Old 06-07-2011
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough

thank you for confirming that

+ rep
Old 06-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Fix that wire/connector and do a wire tuck ASAP if you haven't done it yet.