I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Need some help on a box...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001CIVICLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Need some help on a box...

Okay, I either have two Rockford Fosgate 8" subs or 1. Could anybody lead me to any websites that direct a person on how to build a box to enhance the sound or could anybody give me some ideas on building a box. Thanks.

The reason being that i have 1 or 2 is because I sold them to my dad a couple of years ago. He just recently bought some new Vega's to replace them. I took them back and he said that one was crackling. So, if both work okay, then I need a box for two. Otherwise, I need a box for 1, so, if anybody can help me with a box for 1 that would be preferrable. I can build two boxes. Or, if you can help me with a box for 2, that would be great too. I'm so full of indecision. Thanks for helping.

Aaron
Old 11-06-2002
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
what model
Old 11-06-2002
Registered!!

JohnDoe is an unknown quantity at this point
the rockford website has some stuff on that Rockford website
Old 11-06-2002
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, box building is not hard, the most important thing is having your dimensions right...and you always have to take woofer displacement into account...for example....If your sub calls for 1 cu ft of airspace in a sealed enclosure, and you build a box that is 1 cu ft inside, once you put the woofer in, it will decrease the amount of airspace that you actually have. So draft it out on paper and see how much wood you need and make sure that you have your airspace right with the woofer in the box. You can usually find the dimensions on the website and the actual displacement of the woofer as well. I did this for my JL sub and it slams....seriously it is worth the time and effort to get it right. Good Luck!