I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

EM2 daytime running light help =D

Old 08-21-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
EM2 daytime running light help =D

2002 civic ex coupe 1.7L (d17a2)

So after installing LED H1 bulbs my left DRL turns on after I drop the hand brake then immediately shuts of. All other lights work well.

The right side works fine.

The High beams which use the same bulbs work fine.

A few months ago the dlr's where going crazy so I re-soldered the connections in the drl module and everything was working well, until the new bulbs, so I am guessing I fried a fuse/relay.

Under hood fuses 15,17 and 19 are fine.
Under dash fuses 3,10 and 12 are fine.

I swapped the headlight relay with the horn and that relay seems to be working.

I took out both the black and white relays where "dlr relay " should be under the glove box... when doing so the right side acts like the left did, turning on then quickly shutting off, but the left now does nothing, it does not even flicker like before.

with the white relay back in the right dlr functions like normal and the left goes back to flashing on before turning off.

I also tried disconnecting the right dlr/high beam buld and the left still does not work, though initially the left worked but right after installing the right, the left soon stopped working.
Old 08-21-2015

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: EM2 daytime running light help =D

I tested the headlight, drl and low beam cut relays... they are all fine.

This leads me back to the DRL module or the multiplex or a wire.
Old 08-21-2015

...the dlr module looked fine, all solder connections, transistors, resistors and capacitors look good.

What would cause a drl to turn on then immediately shut off? obviously power is getting there and then being turned off.
Old 08-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Take out the LEDs and put the correct bulbs back in, see if they work correctly?
Old 08-21-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Your first three posts made me laugh and think, "Oh, Cam's talking to himself... "

Maybe the LED bulbs don't like the lower voltage coming from the DRL module?
Old 08-21-2015

Originally Posted by ezone
Take out the LEDs and put the correct bulbs back in, see if they work correctly?
Ya maybe the resistance or current draw is causing some kind of issue.
Old 08-21-2015

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Your first three posts made me laugh and think, "Oh, Cam's talking to himself... "

Maybe the LED bulbs don't like the lower voltage coming from the DRL module?
...I know for like hours no one tried to help me, lol.

I think there is a wire that melted, because originally the left drl worked when it was the only drl installed. Then when I put the right in, they both worked for a while (5 minutes).

now the right only functions, the left just flicks off.

I did get them both to work when I jumped the power wire form the right to the left. I may just do that permanently, but I don't want that to some how blow out the right, lol... they look sick though.
Old 08-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Headlight bulb connectors-- plastic around any of the terminals melted or charred?
Poor contact (high resistance) will overheat and weaken the spade terminals and make them have poor or intermittent contact, especially when heated.