I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Connecting a In dash tv to head unit and speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
intensecreations is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting a In dash tv to head unit and speakers

i just bought the kenwood eXcelon Kvt - M700 in dash tv screen... my question is, how do i make it so i can get the sound to come out of both my head unit and the screen for example if i by a portable dvd player and hook it up to the tv screen, how will i get sound, i havnt taked in out from the box yet because i may want to return the item so if anyone know that would be great
Old 06-18-2002
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
damn how much did you get it for?

well that is going to be your main headunit... everything is gunna hook up to that. you have two sets of video/audio inputs so you could put a dvd player and tv tuner... or 1 dvd player, 1 ps2 or whatever you'd like.... your headunit is going to be connected to your speakers/amps. the dvd player is going to have 3 outputs(1 video 2 audio) and your gunna plug those into the headunits inputs which would send the signals to the monitor and to the speaker/amps.

so ya from my understanding your gunna have a gang load of wires in the back... probably a total of 15...
2 sets (6) video/audio input
1 set (3) video/audio output... video for additional monitors. not sure what the audio outputs are for tho
3 sets (6) 1 front, 1 rear, 1 sub preout

not to mention your speaker level outputs if your not using an amp for them...

sounds like this is one badda$$ unit but for $1600 retail, it better be this good
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

yeah i got it for a lil under a grand actually, Thanks for the help it seems alot easier than i thought i think i will attempt to do it tommorow (weater permiting) then ill take some pics oh yeah by the way i am running the speakers off the eXcelon 4 ch amp is that going to make it harder?
Old 06-18-2002
The Standard One

probably just like wiring any other headunit, you have your power, light, ground, speakers etc... all headunits have built in amps.
so ya i would recommend picking up a wiring harness if you havn't already so that you wont have to cut the factory one.
hopefully you'll upgrade your speakers tho cause i would hate for a great headunit to goto waste like that...
under a grand? great price but still too high for my blood. i know its not motorized, 7"s, touch screen, 3 preamp outs, etc... but i'll just stick with monitors in my visors...
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

i would love to have monitors in the visors! yeah i did change in interior speakers and i am currently running 2 amps

eXcelon KDC - x717 headunit
eXcelon dual mag 6 - 1/2
eXcelon KFC - X698 rear speakers
eXcelon tweeters with crossover
eXcelon 2 - 10" subs
eXcelon KAC - X401f 4ch amplifier
eXcelon KAC - X201t 2ch amp
and now the M700

what about you, kinda curious what your running with tv's in the visors......oh yeah how much did that run you and did you install yourself or by a pro?
Old 06-18-2002
The Standard One

damn excelons all around.... only thing i dont like are their subs. dont hit hard enough for me.

right now i dont have anything worth mentioning... only thing is probably the motorized flip face kenwood. the one with the motion display, no mp3 playback tho.
i plan on upgrading my system after i finish paying off my car in oct....
probably get pioneer speakers for 6 1/2 and 6x9.
1 fosgate power hx2, or maybe even 2 of them runned by a jbl 1200.1 amp.
1 monitor in each visor hooked up to a ps2.

my friend just got his tvs in his car for 600 but i could not get them for 400 through this dealer that works with my company...it includes
-2 power acoustik 5.6 monitors(i know the companies not as great as clarion but the monitors are nice)
-tv tuner
-fm modulator
-power inverter
-all wirings + install.
all this for 400.
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

yeah im not real impressed with the subs but thats really no biggie, they do hit pretty nice thoug not near the hx2 but it will suffice my needs. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]...........400 sounds like a pretty good price to me to just need to save the loot now (somthing im not very good at) but instead of the pioneer 6X9 i would honestly get thoes eXcelon ones they sound sooo good imo ..
Old 06-18-2002
The Standard One

how much did those run? i'm only going with pioneers cause they are decent speakers that go for like $80 for 3 way 6x9s. but then now that i look at it i think the cheap kenwoods go for that price too, maybe i should look into those excelons you have or something around that range...
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

i would reccomend going to a local audio shop and listening to the eXcelon ones because i dont want you to go out and buy them and not like them .. i made my desision by going to a local shop and listening to all the speakers and the end result was kenwood ... i paid around 150.00 for mine they are 3 way and i believe 300 watts so i thought it was a good deal