General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
NEED HELP

hello....a few months back i purchased a pioneer head unit and installed it with the cheapo installation kit, with just the upper trim ring....about a week ago i called up crutchfield and ordered the nce installation kit that replaces the stock pocket and the entire trim ring assembly....

yesterday i received the package, and went right to work...i yanked out the dash assembly and started to tinker with how to assemble the kit...after playing for a few minutes i had snapped the pocket/trim ring into the dash peice and realized that the bottom and the right sides sat flush with the dash peice, but the left and upper sides bubbled out a little bit.....i used a file on the pieces for several hours trying to get everything to fit nice and flush, but no luck what so ever....

i have no yet contacted crutchfield, i am wondering if my pocket/trim ring were a defect of some kind..

if you have installed your headunit with this type of mounting kit please let me know how it all worked out for you....

AOL SN: mwwhonda
email: mwahlert@kstone.edu

thanks everyone for your help!
Old 12-05-2001
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Hey, why didnt you like the kit with upper trim kit. I just bought the Kenwood MP3 player and ordered that kit. I wanted to keep the stock pocket, cuz I like the door, but if its gonna look like crap, maybe I might change my mind.

D
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

luukass is an unknown quantity at this point
Question: Whith the full kit, what replaces the stock "pocket" is there another pocket or is just flat plastic. If someone could take a picture of it and post it that would be awesome.
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
last night i continued to play with the kit for another few hours, and still can not get it to sit just right, so i called up crutchfield tech support, and he said that it was possible that the kit got warped in the heat of the mail or something, so they gave me a refund, best part is i dont even have to send it back to them! they told me it would cost them more to pay for the return shipping then they pay for the part....i love that company [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-05-2001
Registered!!

rallyred2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
that's awesome