General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I need Advice....badly

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow2k1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I need Advice....badly

Hello all.....you guys are great on answering question and stuff so i have come here for advice

I have $950 and i really don't know what to get.

I either get a Pioneer Premier DEH-P730 CD player, a 5 channel AMP, new pioneer 6x9's, pioneer 6.5" components, and a 10" Pioneer DVC woofer. I can get the whole system for around $900.

Or i can just get that head unit and use the old stock speakers w/ no AMP and no woofer and spend the rest of the money on a Magna flow catback, DC Header, high flow cat, and a CAI. SO WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

I really need a new headunit since all i have is a radio. How would a new pioneer premier head unit and stock speakers sound? Or should i get the head unit and new good pioneer 6x9's and 6.5"? and save another $100 or so than get the exhuast and intake. I am really geared toward performance BUT i cannot stand the radio LoL[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] .....BTW...i have a DX (explains the need for a new cat)

thanks in advance
Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

autobots is an unknown quantity at this point
the deck alone with the factory speakers will last a while just as long as your not pushing it. i have a xplod deck with factory and its been a year and now i can hear the 6x9 cracking. but i also play it hard with two 12 polk momos in a bandpass with a little jensen amp that pushes 100 watts per side and the whole car shakes. even my hood is starting to rattle gotta tighter up the latch. but go for the deck and the speakers because with the cat back your gonna need something to drown out the noise sometimes. USE DYNOMAT OR ANOTHER SOUND DEADENER IF U DONT YOUR GONNA SHAKE AND RATTLE
Old 01-01-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I would get the EX's housing for the tweeters and install some tweeters into it. Then I would get a headunit that amplifies to 60 watts per channel. Then I would get crossovers for the tweeters (blaupunkt tweeeters are okay and they come with crossovers). Then I'de get a pair of decent 6x9's and 6.5's that fit into the space that's there. I wouldn't get a subwoofer and amp though. Just makes your car heavier.

Let's see. That's ~$50 for the tweeters. ~$150 for the speakers. ~$250 for the headunit That's $500. Hum... Still kinda steep and nothing special. Depends on what you'de want I guess. Sounds like you're an audio freak though. Maybe you'de want something better?

If you just want good sound, then tweeters really improve sound quality. A headunit will allow you to play CD's, or mp3 CD's if you have a CD burner.

Then again, maybe you would like to take the performance aspect? Get a strut bar, an AEM CAI, a tie bar, new rotors, new brake pads, a fuel rail, and what not. Let's see, ~$200 for an AEM CAI, ~$170 for the DC Sports strut bar, ~110 for the DC SPorts tie bar, ~$125 for the cross-drilled and slotted rotors from Brembo, ~$65 for the AEM/Nissin brake pads. I don't know where to get the fuel rail yet, so I can't name a price yet. I'de also get the SS pullies from unorthodoxracing, but they're not out yet. Let's see, all this totals to: ~$670 Hey, not bad!

I'de go for the performance aspect and buy yourself a ton of performance goodies. Buying the above you still have ~$230 left over for another day of mods.
Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd get the head unit, keep the stock speakers for now, and spend the rest on the performance parts Good luck, and have fun with it!
Old 01-01-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i would spend the money on the ice, and save the extra for later use, i DO want to keep my engine warranty, and my dealer already told me any sort of cat-back/header would void my engine warranty
Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

LexBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
get a new system first
go with the pioneer and thats about it cuz our cars wont be able to be fast until the turbo comes out
Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Cole is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I'd get the head unit, keep the stock speakers for now, and spend the rest on the performance parts Good luck, and have fun with it! >>

yes.. somehting like that.. maybe some upgraded speakers
Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Slow2k1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I think i am gonna get the pioneer head unit i showed you guys...and these speakers - Pioneer TS-A1665 for the front & Pioneer TS-A6975 for the rear Aslo the head unit pushes 50x4 max.......i think i should be happy with that since i just want a CD player and good sound...nothing hard hitting....YET[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] . And i am gonna save the rest for performance stuff.....maybe springs...i need a drop bad. So....what yah think bout a 1.5" drop and painted gunmetal hubcaps? LoL...or black...i think it would look decent til i get my 16" rims.

thanks