I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

AMP/Speakers? beware- n00b question

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLeePeR012 is an unknown quantity at this point
AMP/Speakers? beware- n00b question

Sup fellas, this the first time I posted somethin on ICE. I donno if we're the same ppl as the Tech and Products&Parts but lets say Im more into our d17's than systems and such.
I like alpine only cuz I hear it a lot and a lot of my friends have alpine (mono) for type-S subs. But I dont want a sub cuz it weighs too much and Im not all about the bumpin bass altho I like hearin it. I was thinking gettin all 6 spekers replaced, and an AMP. I want the indash reciever that can power 4 speakers and a meaty amp that can power the 2 speakers in the back since I think it can produce a lot of bass/sounds considerin the fact that it's bigger than the rest of the speakers...I may be wrong.
I checked a lot of sites including alpine and theres so much to choose from, I kno basically whas good and whas not so good but I need ur help.
Can a in dash reciever like one alpine makes (45W x 4 amp) come out crisp to all 4 speakers, which in dash reciever do u recommand?
Wha speakers do u recommend for the back 2 (Keepin in mind I am thinking of powerin them up wit an amp)?
Wha 2channel amp do u recommend?
Wha speakers you recommend fit the lil speaker spot by the side-view mirror (EX model only (I think))?
Is my idea for the in dash powering the front 4 speakers and the single 2 channel amp powering the back two speakers a good idea?...wha would u say?
I would much rather have less distortion and a crisp sound than volume. And give me ur opinions disregarding price.

Thanks so much!
-Lou
Old 01-01-2002
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
So, you basically want to run your Front Speakers off of the HU and the rear off of the amp. WHat I woudl reccomend would be to get a quality set of Components for teh front and amp them, then get decent set of coaxials for the rear to either amp or run off the HU as rear fill. I think that cleaner front speakers that give off decent bass for 6.5" speakers should be enough bass. I just really don't like the idea of using the rear 6x9s (I think they're 6x9s in the Coupes) for bass. The 45x4 that they list as teh specs are usually max, they usually put out about 15-25 watts per channel RMS. If you want, you can get a small 4 channel amp and amp all 4 corners. That should allow good quality and enough bass. The amp should also agive cleaner sounds to the power hungry components and coaxials. That's what I would do if i were not going for a subwoofer.
-Ed
Old 01-02-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i changed all the speakers in my car and the deck, and i ran without my subs for 2 weeks, it sounded great, very clear too, i had a urge to put my subs back in cause i don't race and my friend's benz was thumpin'
Old 01-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Good question.. lotta details.. Well Skip an amp for the rear speakers.. tis a proven fact that 6x9's do not offer any more bass than a regular 6.5" speaker. Reason bing is that the ovalshape of a 6X9 actually cancels some sond waves.

For Bassy speakers Go with Phoenix Gold XS components (no the best quality..great bass and all around good sound) get any kinda decent coaxials for the rear and get an amp for all 4 speakers..) How much $$$ do you have for the system, ??..and what kind of HU you gettin?

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 01-07-2002
Registered!!

SLeePeR012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thnx for the comment. But Ed if I run my for corners wit an amp then that leaves 2 channels open and the HU powers 4.
Im prolly not makin sense.
-Lou